Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm going away for a week and am going to have to disable my VSR as I cannot trust my brother being alone with it. I've already come home twice to find the safety catch off and a loaded magazine in the weapon!

Is there any pin or small piece that I could remove to make it function, but not actually fire?

Currently I have removed the trigger and piston sears and all of the trigger springs so that when you cock it it doesn't actually click and engage, and instead the cylinder slides forward.
Something much simpler would be better though.

Thanks, Milo.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
if you have a trigger lock on it then if the brother primes it the spring will be compressed for the entire time, which isn't good for it. You could just take the spring out, or the piston, or both, and hide it somewhere. It is something I should probably be doing too, because my little sister (almost 10) likes to play with my stuff. My little brother (12 I think) on the other hand is a dork and couldn't care less about anything I own, and doesn't understand why he, my brother, would want to do anything to my stuff. --rant over

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I'll just get a case that is lockable to be honest. I wouldn't just hide the magazines because it's reasonably easy to load one bb at a time without the magazine! :p

·
Registered
65 Posts
Find an inexpensive one for him and tell him 'hands off my gun'. That worked for my son, got him one cheep, needed the bolt rebuilt, and now it's as sweet as my rifle.
Busted Echo1 M28 - $30
Well M3/M7 upgrade kit - $32
Echo1 Cylinder - $17
Total $79 for $175 gun!

My Echo1 M28 got the same treatment, but the base gun was around $100. It started malfunctioning a couple months after I got it. Sometimes getting a used gun and knowing how to fix it can be cheaper than buying it new.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice solution richs.

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
:yup:
Forgot to mention, the M28 I bought (for $100) came with a 3-9X32 Mil-Dot Red/Green Illuminated Scope and the bipod, and 2 mags.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.