Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I came across this about a week ago and have been thinking/reflecting on it since...
I'm curious what others thought?

bystander perspective:

HPA kid perspective:

If you read the comments, the HPA kid didn't get ban...and that upsets me...alot
Obviously I don't have all the details, but it bothers me people like this are allowed to stay in the hobby

This is at the notorious sc village in california USA (where other rage issues has occurred)

Reactions: Blackmail

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
That's what cali is notorious for, kids with rich parents who get them Polarstars and Wolverines.

If I played at a field like this, I would shoot for hands and neck with .45g on the sped lookin players, as to avoid magdumps due to hopefully immediate hit calling.
Or with half of those kids a .22 would probably set them straight😂

In this type of place idk how its even fun without having 911 on speed dial and cardboard under your clothes, but I guess I was well brought up to be an utter retard like so.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Man, Im thankful that I live in a place, where speedsoft is dead and mag dumps like this will most likely will get you black listed on ALL fields in the country, since all the major game organisers talk with each other.

·
Super Moderator
4,029 Posts
1. Its SC Village, place is trashtastic cancer. Worse than the bubonic plague.
2. Its Cali. I don't really need to say more do I?
3. Speedy Bois. Again, do I need to say more?

SC Village is really well thought out and designed, too bad its run like dogshit. It's evident by the fact these 2 syphilis covered cum bubbles of genetic filth are still allowed to even play. I am fairly sure its not those 2 guys first time with that shit either. Too many people with stupid amounts of money that think money will solve all of the problems they have come from and live in California. No offense to those on here from cali, but your brethren are dumb as fuck.

Speed softers are not the problem. Its places not having good rules or enforcing those rules on the bad eggs of the bunch, which leads to more of these dipshits.

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@SiliconeSword @Plazmaburn

So I didn’t actually know how bad SC village was until this video. I actually thought it was a respectful field because various airsoft youtubers use them. But supposedly they are only “good” during events, outside of that, I was told to stay away

Additionally, I didn’t know Cali had a bad rap. Is that really a thing? I figured with Evike based out there, they would actually have a better/healthier airsoft community. I was only referencing Cali here for many of our international contributors on the forum.

I never played indoors because both indoor fields close to me has really bad rap. Even my “home” outdoor field is starting to get bad. They had to move this summer and most of the new fields are so small that any game beyond 6v6 ends up being borderline unreasonable (300 to 400 feet long, spawn to spawn, for 8ish of the 10ish fields). I’ve also been seeing more speedsofters who more often than not are arguing with people (not as bad as the video, but clearly calling other people’s hit when I’m watching them dry fire – boggling). On top of that, my field was never good about chrono'ing...and I'm suspecting many people are using hot guns (I have no proof, but shots from an AEG at 75 feet really shouldn't be breaking skin right?)

·
Registered
931 Posts
I don't want to generalize too much since there are more individuals with good sportsmanship than there are not, but the community that surrounds that area of SC village isn't exactly the type that fosters non-confrontation. There's a lot of spoiled individuals with rich parents that think they need to prove something, as well as those who have grown up in rougher neighborhoods. You combine that together with a contact sport and high volume of traffic and you're bound to have incidents. It's kind of like how a large number of people loose their brain the moment they step into their cars and get stuck in traffic. Hopefully one day, the individuals involved in this will look back at some of the footage and realize how stupid they were. Seriously, getting into a fight over larping and flinging plastic balls at each other, real macho :ROFLMAO:

That said, speedsoft in and of itself is actually a good thing in my opinion. There's a reason that it's effective in a lot of situations (overwhelming aggressiveness tends to win over passiveness) especially in games where people are just sitting back afraid to move around. Some players could stand to learn a thing or two about being willing to get in the thick of it and make things happen. At the same time, the same aggressiveness comes with the down side that a lot of these speedy boy players have zero clue how to tune their guns and they shoot as accurately as a can of spray paint at 50 feet so they're heavily relying on volume in order to make up for accuracy. That leads to a lot of overshooting, bruised egos, and then some of these silly fights we see.

·
Super Moderator
4,029 Posts
I will admit, I may have used a pretty wide brush there. It's probably true there are more good players then bad, I wouldn't really know though as I do not live there. However, youtube channels seem to highlight this thrash more often than not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts