Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out what motor to use for a DMR and since I can not buy a bunch and try them all out I figured it'd be easier to ask all of you what your experiences were.

I am thinking of running this motor for a prometheus m150 spring. Im looking for trigger response/ torque. Rate of fire really doesn't matter because I will be using semi auto only.

I have experience with a matrix high torque motor on a m130 spring and am very please with the results. I am just worried it wont be the same with a m150.

Thank you you :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you give me any information to back up your claim? Im not doubting you or anyhting I'd just like to see info or numbers on your experience with it. Like what spring were you pulling, how was trigger response, and with what battery as well.

·
Registered
571 Posts
If you feel like ordering from the Phillipines, a guy named 3One makes very nice HT Motors using Neo-mags. They're not cheap, but they're the best out there... I know someone will mention ACM motors, but these are much more reliable as some have had QC issues.

·
Registered
362 Posts
razgriz22 said:
Can you give me any information to back up your claim? Im not doubting you or anyhting I'd just like to see info or numbers on your experience with it. Like what spring were you pulling, how was trigger response, and with what battery as well.
It was a Matrix SR-16. It was pulling an M150, while using a intellect 9.6v crane battery. Trigger response was great. But if you had a higher quality gun it could phenomenal. With the addition of a MOSFET will make it even better.

I used the gun once in a game last month, just recently the gearbox cracked and it broke the air nozzle. So upgrading other areas is crucial.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have heard of the 3One motors before but sending a solid chunk of cash to the Phillipines worries me :-/.

Furrycowthingy, thank you. I have a pretty solid set of internals and only plan to use semi auto. I also have a sorbotane pad to reduce wear on the GB. I do run an AB mosfet as well :). I love that little thing. So your thinking on an 11. lipo, that would be a pretty good setup?

·
Registered
362 Posts
A lipo would definitely work, just check your fuse every now and then and you should be fine. Also if I were you I would go out and look into getting a backup battery too. Just in case. Might I ask what gun you are using?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have 2 lipos so im good :).

Here is my gun. SPR mod0 body with a 20 inch outer barrel+suppressor. Skeleton stock (hoping to upgrade to magpul prs stock soon). I have and upgraded gearbox with a variety of different items in it. They are good but not the best. When anything breaks I'll get the best :).

It was shooting 335 fps with .3's using an m130. It has a nice rate of fire too. I would like to take it to semi only and pu an m150 in for some true single shot action.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The Matrix Magnum (their torque variety) is quite strong enough to pull an M150 on standard ratio gears. I have run mine at around 29-30rps on the M150 before. Pretty good trigger response. It will demand a good deal of current though, so using a beefy battery and a MOSFET is highly recommended.

·
Registered
506 Posts
newbie said:
I use a ics turbo 3000 with a 25C 14.8 lipo pulling a 170 spring until I split the gearbox in half
Oh... god. Yeah, that set up is begging to implode.
Was probably fun when it lasted though...

Also, I'd recommend the SHS or the JG (blue top) motors. High torque, and really cheap.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.