Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
I prefer bolt.

I like airsoft for the game play value it offers, but my real reason is for realistic training. For the training value to be realistic, you need to have equipment that functions exactly like the real thing.

I originally got a bolt action because for the simple and uneducated reason that it was a self-sustaining propellant. It never needed to be charged or gassed. Just BB's and the rifle was all I needed for fun!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ya, I also went bolt because I would always be with my friends and their guns would run out of gas or battery or whatnot and I didn't want to have to be wasting time charging stuff all the time. If you think about it, us bolt guys are like tree huggers. We aren't releasing harmful gasses into the air or wasting energy(I'm NOT saying that airsoft is a waste of energy)! Just my two cents.

·
Registered
35 Posts
semi , i love bolt action rifles , but when shooting moving targets on airsoft , semi is always better , besides if you play as a sniper , you dont make alot of shots to get your battery depleted, i usually just go in the field with 4 standard 70rd mags on my m14 , no sideweapon or anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
semi, even the new rifle (M110) is replacing the M24 in the US army. And, like in real life, you get quick follow up shots, and there are real semiauto match rifles out there that shoot 1.198 inches at 660 yards. And anyway, the Barrett M82 is semi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.