Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you had any experience with the APS APM50 airsoft gun it will soon be my first airsoft sniper rifle. I'm very curious on what you think of it. It looks reliable due to the fact c02 is stored in the shells so the FPS is stable and easily upgradable aswell.

Couldn't figure a way to link it so please google it thanks.

P.S. I'm buying from airsplat my favorite website so it's not 299$

·
Resident Toy-Maker
576 Posts
Over-powered and under-built.

Save yourself some time and money and buy a BAR-10, use the rest on upgrades.

If a gas rifle is the way you want to go, get either a KJW or Tanaka (depending on your budget). Tanaka is nicer, KJW is more affordable.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Over-powered and under-built.

Save yourself some time and money and buy a BAR-10, use the rest on upgrades.

If a gas rifle is the way you want to go, get either a KJW or Tanaka (depending on your budget). Tanaka is nicer, KJW is more affordable.
The problem is I want the brass-throwing effect and a gas with good consistency so this is my only option, truly.

·
Registered
856 Posts
try Tanaka. They are expensive but they will be a million times easier and better than the APS. Tanaka has a lot of there models that have a shell eject and regular model.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
try Tanaka. They are expensive but they will be a million times easier and better than the APS. Tanaka has a lot of there models that have a shell eject and regular model.
Just looked they are way to expensive I'll get the aps it look reliable and I could do some minor upgrades but I cannot get that kind of money and I want the gas in the shells but why is it under-built it looks very reliable.

Sorry for incorrect punctuation I am very tired.

·
Registered
856 Posts
APS, is pretty much a back yard gun. For plinking. They are decent, but are a pain in the a** to upgrade and can be expensive too get into a good, reliable rifle. They aren't built very well and have a rep of breaking easy. But, you can always make your parts via machinist.

P.S I don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything. I am just letting you know what will/might happen.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I see and read it looks of luxury and durability.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Any shell-ejecting rifle will be terrible. You get, how many shots, 5-6? When you shot all of them, not only do you need to find the shells, but you need to reload them. Do you know how difficult it is to do that?

APS APM50 Shell Ejecting Sniper Rifle - Evike TV - The Gun Corner - YouTube

You will spend more time putting CO2 into each shell and reloading than you will actually putting bbs down range. You could reload a musket faster…
This rifle was made for collectors, backyard plinkers, and looks. It was not made for skirmishing.

Lets not forget this is also manufacture red by APS, which is a brand that is not necessarily known for their quality control or "luxurious and durable" products.
Lets also not hope that the only reason why you want this is because it says 500-590 FPS. If that is the reason, you've got another problem…

and a gas with good consistency so this is my only option, truly.
CO2 does not mean consistency. I would know.

why is it under-built it looks very reliable.
How can something look reliable just by looking at it? For all you know, its got plastic internals and proprietary parts. Not to mention only reading on a retailer's website, they will literally lie to you only to make a sale. Maybe here is a good place to start about the APS M40:

https://www.reddit.com/r/29vbbc/aps_m40a3_sniper_rifle_experience/
If you still want to get the rifle, sure. Go ahead, pay the consequences of using it in battle. I recommend you purchase either a KJW M700, use the extra $95 on a barrel, bucking, and others. Or buy a JG BAR-10 and use the extra $200 to buy a zero trigger, bucking, barrel, etc.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any shell-ejecting rifle will be terrible. You get, how many shots, 5-6? When you shot all of them, not only do you need to find the shells, but you need to reload them. Do you know how difficult it is to do that?

APS APM50 Shell Ejecting Sniper Rifle - Evike TV - The Gun Corner - YouTube

You will spend more time putting CO2 into each shell and reloading than you will actually putting bbs down range.
This rifle was made for collectors, backyard plinkers, and looks. It was not made for skirmishing.
Lets not forget this is also manufacture red by APS, which is a brand that is not necessarily known for their quality control or "luxurious and durable" products.
Lets also not hope that the only reason why you want this is because it says 500-590 FPS. If that is the reason, you've got another problem…

If you still want to get the rifle, sure. Go ahead, pay the consequences of using it in battle. I recommend you purchase either a KJW M700, use the extra $95 on a barrel, bucking, and others. Or buy a KJW BAR-10 and use the extra $200 to buy a zero trigger, bucking, barrel, etc.
I was also thinking about the M700 but it has a terrible stock consistency and would cost Money to get it working. The APM50 is only 240$ where I am getting it and I will also be getting a extra mag and shells along with the shell catcher later on. I'm going to play the hardcore sniper role so I will be shooting 3-4 times a round. I think I'll give it a shot return it if not.

Thank you though

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Who said the APS M40 had consistency better than the KJW M700 out of the box? Nearly all stock gas rifles are poorly designed to begin with, and all lack the necessary items to be consistent.

Trust me, later on you WILL want to upgrade, it happens to ALL of us, whether you like it or not. You might as well be buying a rifle that will allow for this nature.
Plenty of people are "hardcore" snipers like you say using non-shell ejecting rifles.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Here are things that you WILL end up needing, way before buying a scope or bi-pod.

Extra shells: APS APM50L CO2 Angel Wing Shells (6 Pack/450 FPS) is $70.00 ( I say you will need at the very least 24 shells, unless you want to reload Co2/BB's for 5mins) So 4x70=$280.00 alone in shells ( I can buy 40-45 rounds of .338 Lapua Match 285gr rounds for that price )

Shell catcher (trust me, your gonna need one if not 2) so you will not loose your expensive shells.

Hop-Up and new barrel, which is about $80-100 (depends what you get), you will not have a good a hop up thus having some pretty crappy accuracy and range (maybe only 50feet, even I can shoot that with my 1911 TM).

Parts will cost a fortune. Much like bobcat had subjected, buy a Jing Cong BAR-10 or buy a KJW M700. Take his advise, he knows a lot about rifles and he is gonna save you the pain of upgrading the APS.

·
Super Moderator
4,071 Posts
Soooo you have to buy the gun and it does not come with the shell charger for you to use it. That is absolutely dumb as f*#$. So on top of all the stuff you have to buy first, Gun $240, plus a single pack of shells $45, the shell charger for $50, a decent scope $80-$150. add on a DIY shell catcher for oh $20 for a really nice one and magazines for $20 a pop.

Also it uses a proprietary hop up bucking. Odds are pretty good that means a proprietary barrel as well. Good luck getting any upgrades.

OOO you can power up your gun by buying DIFFERENT SHELLS... at $50 and $55 dollars...

Lets just go for a light skirmish day with only 20 people with 3 respawns each. I will need 4 magazines as the field I go to (now) does not allow magazine reloading in the field.

(4x20)(mags)+(4x45)(the weak shells)+240(gun)+100(scope)+50(shell charger)+20(shell catcher)+12(for the 12Gs)+20(heavy weight bbs)= $702 Give or take.

That is a crap ton of cash I could have spent on a bar-10 (with a scope) and all of the ups it would need and still have money left to burn.

On top of the stupid amount of money needed to make it a skirmishable rifle. You also risk loosing your mags or shells. THAT WILL HAPPEN, IT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE. $65 mag with 6 shots in it, or a $12 dollar mag with 30???? Which is more cost effective???

Seriously bar-10 all the way. Heck, one bar-10 mag would be more then enough for that game.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok so I'll think about it and there is great consistency with this gun.

I have a scope and it should be pretty accurate it comes with the charger but I will look into it.

Thank you guys

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Who said the APS M40 had consistency better than the KJW M700 out of the box? Nearly all stock gas rifles are poorly designed to begin with, and all lack the necessary items to be consistent.

Trust me, later on you WILL want to upgrade, it happens to ALL of us, whether you like it or not. You might as well be buying a rifle that will allow for this nature.
Plenty of people are "hardcore" snipers like you say using non-shell ejecting rifles.
I have a few questions can the m700 use c02 that's a must due to that I play in the cold. Is it hard to upgrade because I don't want a spring weapon or green gas I would prefer co2.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What does everyone else think of the m700 KJW I need it to be c02 and not hard to upgrade.

·
Registered
856 Posts
the KJW M700 doesn't have co2 magazines (as far as I know). The KJW is extremely easy to upgrade, and they are popular so parts are almost dirt cheap. As long as your not playing in freezing temperatures GreenGas should be ok.

Spring sniper rifles are a lot more reliable and more consistent than gas (I should know, I own/owned 8 gbbr/gbbp's).

·
Registered
274 Posts

I have a scope and it should be pretty accurate it comes with the charger but I will look into it.

Thank you guys
So, you will think about buying a cheaper, more cost-effective rifle, but you have some mystical innate knowledge that this showpony gun is "consistent?" Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to have one of these, they look really awesome. But I already have a reliable spring L96, so if it didn't work out, I'd still have something to fall back on.

I hate to burst people's bubbles about scopes, but they physically do nothing to improve your range/accuracy. I'm one of the crazy EOTech snipers, running around with my holo sight and laughing manically when I hit the hardcore scope users. Scopes will let you see where your round flies more precisely, give you a larger view of faraway targets, and give you the authentic sniper look. I'm not trying to say that scopes are terrible, just that they don't improve accuracy by themselves.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Have you shot it yourself to test this with the same shells you would be using on the field? Never trust general airsoft gun reviews that do not involve a real chrono, a measured outdoor range and significant field experience to compare it to.

The systems people are recommending - the JG BAR-10 and M700 - have been proven to perform and are two of the systems experienced airsoft snipers field every weekend they play. The people who are doing the recommending are also some of the top airsoft builders, tinkerers and snipers out there - don't dismiss their advice.

Why do you need CO2?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.