Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why have the forums been so slow? Nobody is creating new posts. I have checked everyday, and there are never new posts. This is meant to spark some kind of new postings. I don't know about you guys, but it is fun to come on the boards and see new posts. So we need to get posting.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The reason is mostly due to the specific nature of this forum. There isn't an "off-topic" area where people can create anything they like. We had one, and there were new posts all the time, but it really was just a distraction from the purpose.

I prefer for there to be slow periods so that when something IS posted, it's not a waste of my time...

Although, perhaps a mod could keep a running list of sniper techniques and topics that we still haven't covered and when someone finds the information, they can post it. Personally, I'd like to see more going on in the techniques area. There's still a lot left uncovered, IE how a DM can work with a squad effectively, shooter/spotter dialog, movement techniques, how to select and add vegetation to your ghillie...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
By all means, if you want to write up something... I'd say go for it. Me personally, I'm just trying to stay in shape, hitting gyms whenever, as well as working and having something of a social life, because well... As most of you know, I'm leaving for the Navy in about a month.

·
Registered
35 Posts
From what i have learned the most out of this forum is when you guys talk about your experiences and mention some nice tips , more than the snipers manual kind of thing , maybe a topic on experiences or tips that you think can help the snipers community could be really help full.

(for example two things i learned here are > eating sunflower seeds on the bush, or having ice cold water on your camelback to keep your body cool, etc,etc..)

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Guys did you know (This is SEVERELY OFFTOPIC but...) that if you put a dropp of some sort in someones vein and it is under room temperature hes or her might (with a great risk) stop beating since it will freeze due to too cold liquid.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have a hard time believing that. Since the blood in your body is close to 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37 Celsius) I believe it would warm up whatever frozen liquid is injected pretty quickly to avert the disaster.

The only issue I see that could be possible is if something were that cold, there may be increased risk of additional air bubbles getting into the blood stream for some reason. I know you have to be careful about getting air bubbles in your veins because if one hits your brain, you mind explodes and you die or something. But I the human body is pretty tough and I'm sure it takes something pretty big to do that.

·
Registered
283 Posts
phridum said:
Ooh...cold water is a bad idea. I'll have to check up on the facts of why though...I'll give you a post on water temps...
I know what you're referring to, Phridum. I've heard that warm water is better for your body, do to the fact that it is closer to your core body temperature, in relation to cold water.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Oakey said:
phridum said:
Ooh...cold water is a bad idea. I'll have to check up on the facts of why though...I'll give you a post on water temps...
I know what you're referring to, Phridum. I've heard that warm water is better for your body, do to the fact that it is closer to your core body temperature, in relation to cold water.
The problem with cold water is it takes too long for your body to process it, so by the time it's ready for your body to use, it may be too late.

When I was in Basic, we were never aloud to drink anything other than room temp. water, especially before/after PT. We had to sit out canteens out in the sun so they could warm up during PT so it was ready for us to drink after PT.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You see what im talking about? this is great stuff to learn , thanks for letting me know all that , then i have a little question , what do you use to keep you body cool when using a ghillie suit in a hot weather ? most of the time i don't even use my ghillie because of the heat , its really hot over here in Monterrey, Mexico . I think maybe real snipers are trained to sustain this kind of heat, but us airsofters , we don't have that kind of training .

( I use a camelback and eat and drink well before and after the games ).

·
Registered
299 Posts
Many ghillies are made with vents in them. The top of the hat is cut out and Spyder mesh is sewn in. You can cut out the armpits and back panel in the same way.

But really, the only way to beat the heat is to tough it out in situations like yours. Sip water throughout the game. I think for airsoft though, you're safe going with cold water. Just don't try doing any marathons.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
phridum you want me to give you e-mail addresses to finnish army medic edjucation authorities and to several teachers in my university before you beleave?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Not really. I don't believe it enough that even if they told me, I'd just think they were retarded and the Finnish Medical program was jacked up. There certainly is a possibility, but it's going to take more than someone's word or email to convince me.

I have nothing against the Finnish specifically. I was told enough B.S. by different instructors in my military training to know that even the teachers are frequently wrong. I totally believed them until I experienced events which proved them wrong.

Perhaps you could find some documentation on the internet or wikipedia or something.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
All I would propably find from the internet would be in finnish... And you propably wount beleave my translations so... =P

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.