·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the scoop. I got an SSG10 A3 in the Short Barrel Configuration

Modify X-range 65 degree bucking
Maple leaf 300 mm crazy jet
electrical tape around the spring guide stopper to fix the horrible bolt pull
a bit of coke can around the spring guide with a small piece of electrical tape which prevents it from traveling up the cylinder
some foam and silicone grease inside the trigger box to take away the ringing sound
Everything else is stock.

This gun shoots like a laser up to 275 feet! I was hitting tree trunks 4 inches in diameter about 80% from 200 feet away.
Slapped in an M170 with a couple small adjuster rings to achieve a very consistent 360 fps with .46s or 500 fps with .2's or 2.8 joules the Airseal is perfect with a seal ring and some thick silicone grease.
I haven't even installed my tridos design TDC pro yet and I can't wait to see how that performs

But guys I need help. I'm very new to airsoft sniping and I can't seem to get into a position to snipe anyone. I usually end up with around 2 kills a game and I want more. Can you help me out?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I’m right there with you man. Sometimes I just don’t get a lot of enemy kills. You can be “skilled” and it will still come down to being in the right place at the right time. I would try being more aggressive and getting to a better spot sooner in the game. But you need to get to know the field if you’re a regular there. That REALLY helps me sometimes. When in a good spot, limit movement as much as possible. You don’t always need a ghillie to avoid being seen. Also, it’s real easy to watch a video where someone gets tons of kills. It’s not always like that. Sniping can take patience. Maybe your field is just meh. Try hitting some ops, those are fun.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
There's really not much else to this besides be aggressive, and play more and more and more and more...

Tbh my skills aren't super good yet, but once in a while 5 or 10 kills will come upon me, other times I'm wasted in 30 seconds from spawn.

·
Registered
928 Posts
It's much more rewarding to get a a methodical kill that required a long setup and stalk than to get 5 normal ones. Still remember the time I flanked a team at Ballahack, getting muddy and wet while trudging through the swamps. Unfortunately I fogged up and couldn't see shit. My shot missed and I was quickly apprehended.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips everyone. So in summary play a bit more aggressive and get to know your field. Problem is my field only does a game once a month so kinda hard to know the field well. Any upgrades you guys think would be good in my SSG10

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi @JeremiahPate'sAirsoft,
Being sniper in airsoft is the hardest role and a fine tuned rifle is a small part to be successful.
Is normal to have few kills but you make the coolest, unexpected "kills". Don't get distracted by Utube airsoft snipers videos.
Is much more respected when they ask your help-range and "kill" the enemy with one shot. You also need a quiet sidearm...
You need patience, practice and few more things...

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Yeah, YouTube videos are what got me into airsoft, with such unreasonable expectations (fuck u pre SSG24 Novritsch).
After making some airsoft guns and then buying some, I saw how shitty they were, and only like last year was I getting to be happy with my guns.

As of now, my VSR-SS is probably about as close to a YouTube sniper as you can get, and my M4 is not far behind with a ways to go for possible improvement, but it's a lot of work, time, and money to buy special greases to diamond lapping paste and shitty expensive R-hop jigs.
In the end I could have bought an SSG10 and called it a day, and had food delivered to my door and be a fatass in the comfort of my home. But that's not what I'm about and not what the forum's about either, we seek utmost performance at all cost, save for firing ¢25 ammo, save for Masada....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just a heads up 2.8 joules is equivalent to about 545 fps on .2g bbs. If your looking for 500 fps you'd want 2.32 joules. However, if your field limit is 2.8 joules then heck yeah get all you can out of your rifle. If the field limit is 500fps on .2g I'd suggest getting an airbrake piston head and either sorbo on the cylinder head or do the silicone cylinder head mod (guide made by hammer). Those two things will make your rifle very quiet and bring the fps down.

Sniping is usually more difficult then playing with dmr or AEG. But getting a hit with a sniper is so much more satisfying. I also find (like blind and silicone stated) knowing the field makes a big difference in how well you do. You'll start noticing good spots for yourself with good fire lanes. It also flips though.... when you trade sides, now you know where the good spots are for the other team and you'll find good counter sniper spots. When you play with the same group of players on the same field every weekend it tends to develop some very good airsofters.

That being said I love going to new fields and meeting different players.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Patience, also luck, I play most weekends, some days I will get a dozen kills in a game other games maybe one or two. I often get as many pistol kills as sniper kills, I use either a MK23, AAP, G17, all upgraded, the G17 is a co2 elite force with the hadron design outer barrel, it shoots 46s about 100ft. I wear a ghillie suit, I have 3, summer, spring/autumn and winter, all crafted by myself, however it is often movement that gives a sniper away, so practice slow movement, another thing i do is when I am at home, put the kit on you play in and see if it can be improved with better access to mags, pistols etc, I notice often new sniper players make the mistake of pushing up with the guys with aeg rifles and saws, if I have to move forward because the game has away from my immediate area, I always stay on the flanks a distance from the other players and the opposing team tends to focus on the larger group I can get into a good sniping position.

·
Registered
203 Posts
is often movement that gives a sniper away
Movement is sniper's worst "enemy". Never got hit while blending, only while moving...
so practice slow movement,
Slow movement is a must if you are not detected. Huge of importance is to learn WHEN and HOW you decide to move...
Plant Plant community Branch Natural landscape Tree

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.