Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I was going to purchase a new M4 from ICS, I was going through the models and I found one that was totally extraordinary for me. It's the ICS Olympic Arms PCR-97. Then I did what everyone whose ever went to purchase an expensive gun does. I started reading reviews about it when I found out that the rifle is actually much smaller than it appears to be in the pictures. So now I

·
Registered
299 Posts
By getting an M4 style gun, you are already selecting something that designed to be a smaller more compact version of a larger gun. I actually just purchased this rifle from a FilForce player too. Small world. Consider choosing a gun designed to be bigger, such as an M16. Although, it's generally accepted as dumb to put a collapsible stock on a full size weapon. The crane was created to facilitate different size people and operational locations with it's adjustable length of pull.

So:

1. Not even "real steel" stocks and parts on the M4/M16 are made of metal. They have quite a bit of "plastic" in various sturdy forms. You could find a large weapon you prefer and then install a collapsible stock of your choice on it. Just remain aware of where the battery goes and all that.

2. Funny fact, the actual weight of a "real steel" M4 is heavier than the M16A2 it replaced. Both still clock in at under 8 lbs and I suspect the airsoft versions will as well. Believe it or not, many people complain of the small standard grips of the M4/M16. The small simple grip is referred to as the "A2" grip. I'm unsure if this is actually a model designation or slang it picked up due to first being designed and issued on the M16A2 service rifle. Your best bet is to buy an aftermarket grip and swap it out. It's a little more involved for airsoft because the grip houses a motor. In "real steel" they are only held on by a philips head screw.

If you are finding that the length of pull is uncomfortably short with the crane stock, and it's fully extended, you may look finding some "buttpads" or stock spacers for the shoulder end. It might be as simple as a rubber piece that just slides over the butt of the stock and adds an inch or three between your shoulder and the firing hand.

If you haven't gotten a foregrip for rifle yet, you can attach it at the very end of the stock, practically right under the front sight, and that may open up your comfort level a bit.

If you are willing to sacrifice your crane stock for comfort, Classic Army puts out a decent line of larger weapons. Consider an M14 Match, SAR Sportmatch M41 ES, SR25, or something I'd see as a welcome addition to the sniper community here with a different kind of rifle, the http://www.airsoftpost.com/tokyo-marui-jsdf-type-full-size-rifle-p-23961.html

Oh, and generally, this forum is only for sniper rifles and we like to keep it just for that. I'm assuming your were going to mod this M4 to be a Designated Marksman weapon of some kind...

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would second the CA SR25 although you would need to swap out the hand grip and stock.

If you don't mind the brand... Echo 1 offers its version the ER25k that comes with a crane stock and DMR grip.

Personally I think it's a great weapon system.. one of my favorites in the M4/16 family.. although a lot of people seem to have something against Echo 1 as a brand.

I actually use a TM M14 that I put in the Kart M14 JAE Stock. Absolutely the best AEG I own Hands Down. Here are some pics to show Size comparison. Everyone who has tried my set up thinks the grip is too big... but I like it that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.