Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MK96 comes today, and I am wondering what type of lube to use for the barrel and hopup and which type for the cylinder parts.

Btw, I think I'm going to get an EDGI 6.01 TBB and PDI Hop Up Chamber. I'm using Bioval .30 s.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I do not use Any lubricants in the barrel. Some of my friends use, but I haven't seen it improve anything. As for the hoppup rubber, use some basic silicon spray. As for the cylinder it depends. I use in my Teflon cylinder some fine silicon.Teflon mixture. Experiment to find what suits you the best. But watch out for those sort of lubricants which eat out the rubber parts.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I put some silicon on the outside of my bucking to help it slide into the hop up chamber easily. This helps from it getting stuck and having myself rip a perfectly good bucking :)

As for the cylinder, I use P Force silicon spray. Makes the cylinder pull back smoothly. Also, like october said, I never put silicon into the barrel, as I thought it would make your shots go all over.

·
Registered
182 Posts
you can spray your barrel with silicon.. but you also have to swab out the excess... leaving a very thin even layer
and if you play in very dry climates its almost required. (like the desert were we play)

shooting bone dry in my environment with destroy your hop-up bucking in 100 shots.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well the hop up rubber is not wet, but like moist. In the winter, when it's 20 Celsius below zero, the hop up rubber tends to "freeze" or lose it's rubbery effect, when its "soaked" in silicon. I usually spray on a Q-tip and use the tip to lubricate the rubber.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.