Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
If its an MK96. Then its definetly not over 200$ unless you completely revamped the internals. I mean you have the stock bipod on it which people would replace anyways. Most people would not buy it with the scope so thats worthless. (Atleast i wouldnt. I like the scope i have so why pay extra for one i wont use). Angel upgrades are not bad. The issue is you upgraded the spring and cylinder before the trigger stuff. So i wouldnt touch the dam thing because im going to need to spend another 60$ buying a sear set when the ones in it break because you didnt upgrade them.

If its your gun. Upgrade the dam sears. Metal on metal is one of the ways to generate alot of heat. Stock sears will warp in that thing in no time with that upgraded spring.

·
Registered
909 Posts
The trigger box on this rifle is the main downfall. If the spring is shooting higher than stock, then it will crack since it's plastic. They make cheap trigger units that are metal for about $30, but you would still possible need some higher quality sears.

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't know, from the looks of it, it doesn't seem like it would. If you really don't like the pdi parts then you can try the aps2 parts.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
384 Posts
Unless you decide to upgrade the spring, there's no need to buy sears or a trigger box for a while. And even then, the trigger box is sturdier than what most people would give it credit for. I've shot 10k+ rounds with the stock spring, 5k+rounds with an m170 spring both using the stock trigger box. I then decided to switch to a zero trigger. The stock trigger assembly is still working btw.

In case you decide to buy the Angel Customs sears... DON'T. It will not fit properly without modifications.

An alternate solution is to buy a new stock trigger assembly ($30) if for some reason the sears wear down or the trigger box snaps. Do this if you really don't trust yourself replacing sears or opening the trigger box.

The biggest issue of the gun is the hop up chamber. It's awful for several reasons, but I won't get into that.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was gonna buy PDI sears...

I checked out my spring about 4 min ago and it doesn't look warped at all... I've shot about 6k through 4k with stock and 2k with the sp150.... The Angel's Custom piston is very light I added teflon tape to the nossle. Can you explain how the warping of a spring works?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I think he is referring to the sears as warped. Warped in the sense that the shape is no longer a sharp/flat edge. The metal on the trigger sear usually becomes "warped" or shaved down into a "U" shape. This disables the proper function of the trigger box and piston catching properly.

The teflon tape is a good idea for more consistent airflow/FPS. I've bought the AC piston before and it's fine. HOWEVER! This is a BIG however.

DO NOT BUY
the Angel Custom's Piston Head.

Although the AC Piston Head and the Laylax Red Accuracy Cup may look the same, I've tested both meticulously, and the air seal is NOT the same. Buy the Laylax Red Accuracy Piston Cup instead. I've talked to a technician who works for a big airsoft dealer and that person agrees as well. If you don't mind losing about 15-30 FPS for the difference of maybe 7 dollars, then be my guest.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.