Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It has a black v2.5 from what it looks like. Its for sure longer than the standard v2 gearboxes. I am planning on opening the gearbox tonight to see whats exactly broken. I figure its the piston though..

I believe I was reading someplace that the ER25's use a standard piston but by looking at the elongated gearbox, I dont know.

The way the rail connects to the body is ER25 looking, as well as the ergo grip. It has an M16 stock on it so that makes me think it was the ER25k and they wanted the retractable stock for something else and added this stock.

Whats the better brand, E1 or the A&K version? I have been wanting an SR25 for a few years but never could really afford it,lol..

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well thats 2 votes on Jg,lol.. Dangit, was hoping for Echo1 but eh.. Its all the same really. I like the Sr and then I dont. Its mags are just tooooo long.. I am going to look into getting the short mags or make my own like I did for my old M14. So does anyone have experience with the Jg25? Just curious if its a decent rifle. I dont have any light color low weight ammo so its gonna be hard to test range. I only have black 25's, green 36's and orange'ish 40's.

I am happy its not an A&K though. I just didnt wanna buy a new long piston.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe it had a crane stock, this solid stock isnt correct for an SR like I saw on my buddies A&K a few years back. This is an M16 stock cause its rounded on top and doesnt line up the same. I am real tossed up on the crane stock or the solid stock. Not sure which one would look better.

As for the G&G mags, I looked and its kinda hard to locate, I once made a short lowcap for my old M14 by using an 870 shotgun mag inside an m14 mag that I cut down. Its only 20 rnds but heck... Sr25's with long mags look stupid so the 20 rnd mag not only looks sweet, its more real looking and of course, no rattle..lol..

Waiting on my buddy who has my old M14 to get back to me with the 870 mags dimentions so I can know if it'll fit or not. Would suck to buy the mags and they not fit. :doh: Only problem, he's pretty forgetful and probably wont get back to me for like a week,lol.. I'm impatiant so I probably wont wait.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Personally I like the A2 stock, battery fitting is a breeze and has a good cheek weld, at least for me. Not pushing my preference at you or anything but adustable stocks like an M4 or cranes just looks clunky to me, just my 2 cents. Evike has the G&G mags in stock ocassionally (every other month or so looks like), but youll have to keep checking up on them. Ive never actually seen an SR-25 or AR-10 with anything other than the A2 stock, or in a few cases a Magpul PRS

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ive never actually seen an SR-25 or AR-10 with anything other than the A2 stock, or in a few cases a Magpul PRS
Actual SR25's have a different stock than an M16. they look very very similar but the SR stock is shaped slightly different and is longer and is thinner on its way to the rear of the stock. The A&k sr stock lines up with the reciever as does the G&G version. this one doesnt line up with the reciever like it should. Its for sure an M16 stock and not an SR 25 stock.

The SR uses a stock like the A2, but this isnt an A2 stock, its an A4 stock. The A4 is more of a sideways triangle and the SR/A2 stock is more droopy and the underneath of the A2 looks different. I'm OCD as all heck,lol.. I notice the little things.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?194859-SR-25-Stock-!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Craaazy, Thanks for the information I didnt have a clue it was so convoluted. Until I got into airsoft and fell in love with the G&G SR-25, I never held much interest in AR platforms. In anycase I like the feel of the "A2ish SR-25" stock, It just feels good the one thing I can gripe about though is the sling attachment in the reear catches on my clothes >.> .

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats why I feel this looks dorky, cause it has the A4 stock. For some reason it really bugs me,lol.. as does the super long mags. Feels like its not a sniper rifle anymore but an assault rifle. I dont even think I wanna use this at a game till I make shorter mags. I'm not a purist or anything, just hate the long mags a whole lot. I can get over the stock more than the mag. I like how the Er25k looks with the retractable stock, just looks more user friendly but battery placement sucks then. I will just deal with this stock till I can source me an A2 stock. I'm about to order the cheap shotgun mags tomorrow I think and go to town.. I also wanna try my luck engraving the magwell. Just not sure what to etch on there yet. Maybe a sweet biohazard symbol or something.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah Im quite dissapointed that there are very few engraved ejection port dustcovers for AR-10, LR308, and SR-25 recievers. I want the one that has a Smily face and "Smile and wait for flash" As far as the reciever Im planning on painting it medium grey, cutting a vinyl masking stencil for whatever "art" I come up with for it, and doing up a pattern in rust red over that. I have a question though, anyone know which charging handle the GR-25 uses, long or short? Im thinking of picking up a Badger Ordinance with the extended latch.

Evike has the G&G short 50 rounders in stock if you wanted to play with it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Kinda what I figured, but Ranger wanted to play with kitbash/making a magazine and the only "short" magazine I could think of off the top of my head was the G&G. Personally I agree with you though, I like the longer mags, it would make me smile if Lonex made one of their flash mags for the GR25.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I never engraved before so that was my first mistake,lol.. then the engraving bits were cheap and kinda flexed a little so when I was following my "good" drawing the bit didnt follow the lines real well. Thankfully I didnt go in very deep,lol.. So its just barely into the metal. Basically I just took the paint off the magwell. I guess being good at drawing, and being a tattoo artist doesnt mean I can just hop right into being an engraving artist. Thats some real good work buddy..

As for the short mags, I already made my own last night. I plan to post pics in a bit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.