Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I bought my ssg10 before 6 months, thanks to your help I upgraded it with tdc and new bucking, shoots awesome now.

Now I want to try myself with DMR
I am interested in lct vss, cyma platinum sr25 and lct g3

my question is what platform is mosty easy to upgrade it under 200$ ? I am not really tech guy, I know how to install bucking and new barrel, so pls help me to chose dmr that dont need to much upgrades , i need it to be 2.5 jules

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I would go with the SR25 for sure, you'll just need a spring change, SS-nub, 400X6.01 barrel, decent bucking like Maple Leaf or an Elvishtac/Snipetor R-hop, and finished off with some .40-.48g BBs.
Also, run it on a 7.4 and not an 11.1 battery, I cooked my Platinum on a 11.1 and apparently 7.4 makes the gun last 3X longer.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,451 Posts
I would go with the SR25 for sure, you'll just need a spring change, SS-nub, 400X6.01 barrel, decent bucking like Maple Leaf or an Elvishtac/Snipetor R-hop, and finished off with some .40-.48g BBs.
Also, run it on a 7.4 and not an 11.1 battery, I cooked my Platinum on a 11.1 and apparently 7.4 makes the gun last 3X longer.
Seconded. If you don't want to mess with the gearbox that's pretty much optimal. However, I would certainly recommend shimming, changing gears to 18:1s (or some other dmr spec) and a high torque motor.

·
Registered
844 Posts
While I think the Cyma is an excellent choice, the MOSFET is well known for failing on 11.1s. I would buy the Cyma and install a fancy trigger unit like a Perun or Gate Titan.

·
Registered
441 Posts
While I nearly always tend to upgrade my AEGs out of the box, I'm with siliconesword on this one. You can't auto on a DMR, the trigger response difference you'd get from a 7.4 and 11.1 won't really be noticeable.

I also second the cyma sr 25 recommendation

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am satisfied from my Cyma Plat. SR25, is a good choice with high upgradability. Don't know about other platforms you wrote.
Change the bucking, get a LiPo 7.4v and check if stock hopup unit can lift heavy bb +0.40gr.
Effective range 70m-75m using 0.43gr, 440ft/sec-0.20gr.

No need to go to 11.1v and increase the stress to the inner parts. I suggest to take a LiPo 7.4v as there is big difference between NiMH and Lipo 7.4v and very small difference between 7.4v & 11.1v. Everything working fine (1 1/2 year) so far...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great tips, happy to see thay cyma sr25 is good choice, been looking it for a while now :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts