Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question has been asked before but the answers are either too confusing, or it doesn't help.

I've been told that White Lithium Grease is really thick and isn't the best for your internals.. So I am questioning what to get. Multiple sites (Asgi, Evike) tell me different answers, and my local Army Navy told me to use "Super Lube" but I am still confused.

If you have ACTUAL experience lubing the in/outside of your cylinder, please list the product below, how long you've been using it, and how well it works.

P.S. I have a WELL MB01 (Type 96)

Thanks,
Sergio

·
Registered
336 Posts
Shit, if white lithium grease isn't best for your internals than I've been messing stuff up... ha.

I've been using White Lithium grease for as long as I can remember in all of my spring guns. Works great, but then again I've never tried something different.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I use a dry lube on the outside of the cylinder. Prevents crap from sticking inside either synthetic air tool oil or silicone oil.

·
Registered
318 Posts
On the inside, I use Classic Army cylinder grease for all the o-rings. It is very thick and provides a great seal. For the rest of the inside and on the outside, I use 35wt silicone oil. It is pretty thick, so it stays on the cylinder for a while, but thin enough that it doesn't gum everything up.
You can find it by searching RC car shock oil. It comes in 2oz bottles (they last forever) and cost about 5 dollars. Its a great deal!

·
Registered
135 Posts
While this topic is up here, would teflon grease work okay for any internals?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I might seem stupid but may I ask how one actually cleans out the inside of a cylinder? And then goes about lubing it? Or was he talking about the parts inside like the piston spring and spring guide? If so that makes sense, just never cleaned the actual inside of my cylinder.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I read at ASF said the DOW 33 are great for metal and plastic parts too. In my country can not find to buy that ( and white lithium too ). I often use pure silicone liquid type.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I might seem stupid but may I ask how one actually cleans out the inside of a cylinder? And then goes about lubing it?
I use a 12g shotgun bore swab to clean my cylinder (not the wire brush, the...uhh.. fuzzy one? Lol). Works like a charm. To lube I just use q-tips with white lithium on it to apply as far in the cylinder as I can. The piston will spread the lube around as it's used :tup:

You could also use a cloth and a wooden dowel to get it down in the cylinder to clean it out.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I use guarder teflon grease for the gears and mechanical workings, and ICS silicone spray for anything that slides with the acception of the inside of the cylinder which I use teflon grease for a good air seal.
Teflon grease sticks to the gears and is highly viscous, so it won't get thrown off the gears. Silicone spray is rather oily, so it provides a very slick surface to reduce friction where necessary.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I polish the outside of my cylinder and use lithium grease internlly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dumb question incoming :

Shall I or shall I not grease the rear end of the piston where the sear catches it?( z-trigger)
I would go for yes, it will be posible for the piston to slip away?

Thx in advance

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Dumb question incoming :

Shall I or shall I not grease the rear end of the piston where the sear catches it?( z-trigger)
I would go for yes, it will be posible for the piston to slip away?

Thx in advance
Believe it or not, my vsr has had problems because of that. I thought it was the sear making it slam fire, but it was actually all the oils on the piston.

·
Banned
66 Posts
I know I am necroing but there aren't any good threads for this anywhere. Has anyone considered wd40(shit never dries and is super heat resistant apparently) and froglube(there was a thread with like 5 posts on it and basically it's supposed to polish shit when it gets hot, make filth never stick to anything and have all sorts of different magical properties). I am on the search for the best lubricant possible as dielectric grease aint cuttin it for shit as it keeps drying super quickly, attracts ton's of dirt, adds alot of friction to my piston and only provides good compression(for me) if I use stupid amounts of it, even after doing all the O ring crap. And white lithium grease dries up within 15 minutes of applying it for me, it only exists between my shims and the shim stops on my gears even though I apply tons to my gears because of it.

The reviews say froglube is amazing for real steel guns. I see that all the bad reviews say it's not good for when you store your gun for 2+ weeks with the lube on it but I think it's because they used excess and it's not much of a problem for me as I play weekly and its hot at basically all times down here in FL so I highly doubt I'll have a problem with the coconut oil based lube ever turning into molasses. I bet my gun gets up to 110 degrees inside it and i'm sure it'll do some good work because of that. You can get mold growing inside your gun from it apparently.

I do know what my problem is but permatex still really sucks. I might just polish and use some thick wd40 and remove some permatex from my piston head as apparently according to some reddit guy that was banned from the airsoft reddit. The air is supposed to go through the ports on your piston and push the O ring up against the cylinder. This seems to make sense as the holes are placed in a way where they would do that but only with minimal lubrication of the O ring.

I was recommended 5d-40 aswell if that means anything. Don't know what that is though, google doesn't seem to know if it's real or not.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.