Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dude, Oakey or Mosin will talk to you soon, but clean up your grammmar. Don't use "1337 Speak" on this forum. Just use the spell check that you are given. It is worth it, because then you don't get banned. To answer your question: First things first, get rid of your L96. Then buy a JG BAR-10. Then you are close to not failing as a wannabe sniper.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks Janzen for looking out.

To answer your question Dial, I'm not too sure on that version of clone. I've heard mixed reports about it being upgradeable and what not. Really in airsoft sniping, FPS is way over rated. Although it helps get to the target faster, and cut through brush easier, it can sometimes lead to inconsistencies in the rifle. What you should be looking for is accuracy and consistency. Meaning what's the longest range you can reach out to, in the same general area. This would be called your grouping.

Without going too much off topic here, this is what I would suggest. Get yourself a good brand of BBs for your rifle, I would suggest the Maruzen Grandmasters SGM .29s, probably the most consistent BB around. After that, I would make sure and clean your rifle thoroughly, cleaning all dirt and grime from the barrel, hop up unit, and cylinder. Next I would find a compatible hop up bucking, I know my rifle takes GBB series rubbers, personally I gain great results from my Nine Ball, but it's entirely up to you. After that, you should be golden.

Janzen is somewhat correct, as I said before I'm not sure if that particular clone is completely upgradeable. So it may be smart to either save up to enough were you can purchase a VSR if you sell this rifle, or sell this rifle and just buy a BAR 10. Either way, they're going to take the same upgrades, and give about the same performance compared to each other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.