Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While doing some research on Google, I came across a question (similar to what I was asking) and I noticed it said WELL MB08. I thought, "I didn't know that they made a new gun..." and I saw a guy ask about what gun to get. He stated that he wanted an L96 clone, and that he wanted 500fps w/ .20 and that he was going to add PDI Hop-Up, EdGI barrel, Zero Trigger, and some cylinder upgrades. I know alot of people are always asking about L96 clones. So, here is something I thought maybe alot of people could use to purchase a L96/ similar clone.

UTG Mk96, the TSD 96 or 97, the Well Warrior or MB-01 and MB-08, the whatever clone company, ALL OF THESE COMPANY'S L96'S ARE THE SAME. They literally have no difference besides the box they are packaged in and the external differences the MB08 and the TSD 97 have. Literally the same internally, so there's NO POINT getting a more expensive company's L96 unless you're looking for different externals like the TSD 97 or MB08. There's no difference between TSD's L96, UTG L96, or Well's L96. THEY ARE THE SAME. "Most people know about [the UTG]" No, because the UTG is no different than the TSD or the Well. I cannot stress this enough. In fact, read: http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Idntifiy...nd-t206023.html

The Maruzen is the best gun concerning PARTS FITTING and features, but the downsides of the gun compared to clones heavily outweighs this. The ONLY part that you will ever have problem fitting in your CLONE vs. the Maruzen... is the PDI Duralmin receiver. The clone's receiver has a few mm cut down from its length, while the Maruzen is just a regular size, so the Duralmin receiver will not fit a clone. Fortunately, you will NEVER need to replace that receiver, so there's no point getting it. Also, the Maruzen has a functioning EMPTY MAG indicator and a COCKED GUN indicator, while the clones fail at cloning this, buuuuut these features don't make the gun worth it unless you just have tons of money to dump (since the guns all end up the same anyways.... fully overhauled and upgraded internally).... Read the next paragraph on why.

Besides that, there's NO difference between the clones and the Maruzen's, except for a few things. These differences are the reasons NOT to buy a Maruzen. The Maruzen has stock POT METAL sears, while the clones use a much harder metal that is waaaay higher quality. The clones come preupgraded with a tightbore barrel. The clones also shoot waaay hotter out of the box. Also, the clones have phased out the "golden pin of death" that plagues the Maruzen. The clones also feature a tiny grub screw under the receiver to help keep the outer barrel from wobbling. You may think "so? those parts are all getting dumped..." well, on top of that, the clones are cheaper. Basically, there is no reason you should get a Maruzen. Utterly pointless. You don't get the advantages the clones implant in their stock guns, and besides those advantages, the guns are practically the same, and on top of that, you pay extra $$$ just for the gun as well as overseas shipping.

The cheapest clone is the UTG. They also have the best customer service. Evike has the best price on the UTG for $110
There are also other external alternatives like the adjustable stock version (TSD 97) and the folding stock (MB08), but they are the same internally still.

The best website to buy all of your L96 parts is Airsoftatlanta.com (broadest selection, only US site with the PDI hop up chamber, but high prices. free shipping past $200 though), followed by Airsoftextreme.com (mainly because they occasionally stock a zero trigger for a drop dead cheap price), and then evike.com (because they stock polarstar and other parts with a lot of coupons to help drop already low $$$).

Hope that helped!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fuzzywolly said:
Nice piece of info. I feel like getting this sticked because this is a common question. Just haven't been able to read through the whole thing yet.

Nice work.
Thanks Fuzzy

·
Registered
506 Posts
VERY NICE! I was looking for something exactly like this, and what do you know, it was right in front of me! My friend was looking for an L96, and wasn't sure the brand. I gotta email him this.

Thanks again!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awagg said:
VERY NICE! I was looking for something exactly like this, and what do you know, it was right in front of me! My friend was looking for an L96, and wasn't sure the brand. I gotta email him this.

Thanks again!
Thanks Awagg =)

·
Registered
744 Posts
I think I would opt for an adjustable stock over collapsable to keep it more rigid. I'd really like to have a beastly spring sniper, but no funds at the moment. I hope this thread stays alive and relevant because it sure would help people out who are new to sniping.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Yeah I found out after I posted. :( If I have some free time I may have to make a guide on upgrades for the TM L96 because there isn't one on here yet.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.