Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so My usual airsoft loadout is a full tac vest, drop rig and so forth.

But as I crawl into the sniper position (clever word play) make my ghille and get ready to change my operational concept, Ive come to a small quandery.

Where do I put my spare mag?

I mean Ive got a shoulder holster and a hip rig for my side arm. Ive got a nice little camelback for wearing under my ghille. But what the heck do I do with my spare mags ?

Ive got an ASR and it came with three mags. I want to get two more, and carry at least four with me. I only load mine to 20 rounds.

so what do you think?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I use an mk96 which I believe has similar mags as yours. I can fit two into a normal m4 magazine pouch. I used to put these pouches on the back attached to my belt. Now I just put them in front on my belt for easier access. Not really noticeable while crawling in the ghillie either. One thing I found with using an m4 pouch for the mags is that they (mags) are alittle too small, and slide down to the bottom of the pouch. I just stuffed the bottom with cotton and now the mags are partially sticking out for the quicker reloads and easier access.

Pictures:

Note: The black pouch is for radio. The m4 pouch I am referring to is in tan.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice.

All ideas that I thought of. But I just dont know how it will work out with my Ghille and so forth.

I guess the way to figure it out is to get in the dirt and work it out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
One suggestion I have, is a pouch on your forearm. I have not ever used one, nor have I ever seen one in airsoft. But it seems to me that it may work. If it was on your forearm, it would be where you could see it, and make adjustments not to knock the mag out. You could also adjust it to work with your ghillie as well. I was thinking something along these lines maybe? http://www.customtactical.com/etrex.jpg

The custom cheek rest that 82nd Customer has is pretty sweet as well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, my ghille has sleeves. I built it like a poncho on the chest, long back and sleeved. Almost like a trench coat in the back, and a jacket on the chest.

But the sleeves are to tight to work anything there. I thought of that as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put two in my top shirt pockets and one in the gun - it's secure, quiet (with buttons), I don't lie on them and I can get to them easily. Access depends how you have made your ghillie I guess - you could cannibalise pockets from other shirt and sew them straight on to your ghillie.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I put my two ASR Mags inside my zippered pockets located on the rear of my thigh, It is secure and doesn't seem to bounce much considering the mags size. It isnt the best in tight situations but hey, your a sniper... Adapt
- Good hunting!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.