Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Been looking everywhere to find dry wick (think Underarmor HeatGear shirt material) in either OD or woodland to create my own head covering.

Anyone know where I can buy a yard or two?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
EDIT- you know what?Never mind. Just know that I am well aware of how to use Google and compose varied search strings to get an answer. I wouldn't have asked if the answer was that obvious or easy to find. But thanks for the help, "bro".

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
What kind of head covering are you talking about? Do you mean a ghillie hat/hood? Seems to me jute would work just the same.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
There's no need for hostilities on this forum lads.

I didn''t know that you you could buy this material on it's own, and I wouldn't think you could. Have you tried ebay or dick blicks?

Also you could just buy a cheap 'wick material' shirt or whatever and cut that, I can't imagine it would be much more expensive than buying a yard of it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I Googled it. Found something in like 15 seconds decided it was too easy and posted for you to do the same. Are you sure you are able to perform a Google search? Bro?

EDIT: http://www.questoutfitters.com/wicking_fabrics.htm

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Exactly the same information I found- ergo the reason I asked.

Agit quod agis, my man.
I thought the forum was, in part, a way to ask for assistance? I don't need to be spoonfed- but if the answer is not obvious, you've attempted to search with no real results or you have more experienced folks to ask- why not ask?

If you have nothing to add to the conversation and you find my request for help annoying- why not just move along?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Did you Google that too?

So basically, you bitch about me asking for help, then provide me with a link I already found- which is why I asked for help in the first place- then your advice is "beggars can't be choosers"?

Okay.And Agit quo agis is a different tense in Latin- and it is correct also, just in case you're wondering... frater meus. :)

I'm thinking you and I were separated at birth after this exchange, attitude and smart assery-wise- Let's just have a do over. Deal?:) :e-handshake:

And I'll try and illustrate what I'm trying to come up with in case anyone has ideas as to what to do or how to proceed.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
What kind of head covering are you talking about? Do you mean a ghillie hat/hood?
Try to be nice guys. We are friendly on this forum :yup:. Anyway, what kind of head covering are you talking about? I have never seen dry wick material ever sold on its own like Grass.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Actually I did Google it as I did not know what it meant. Lol.

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Like I said- you remind me of me. :tup: And yes you did, and I was an ass to you and I apologize. wAter under the bridge, sir.

So- back to the topic- At the most basic level, I would love to replace my old cotton OD bandanna (it's supposedly a German Army WWII according to a NAvy/Army surplus guy who sold it to me) for something lighter/easier to keep dry in, as I sweat a lot.

If I had enough material, I would love to try to make a hood of sorts, I'll try and describe it- something to be worn over my head to cover it, while using my OD multiwrap for my neck/lower face. Heck, think of this, basically a two piece balaclava of sorts-

I have a surplus army woodland jacket that has an integral hood- I would love to have a lightweight version of the same for summer events.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Goldentrigun, thanks! I see they at least have an Olive color, maybe that'll do! and yes, my terms were too specific I imagine. I tried

Dry wick fabric by the yard, dry wick fabric bulk, etc- all along those lines. It got worse as I added woodland into the search string, etc.

And Kranium, I am an Android user also. Are you a developer? Been thinking of getting a Kindle Fire and possibly playing with the OS- that is Android based too, right?

EDIT- went through the site a bit more- here it is!!! Thanks, guys!!!
http://www.rockywoods.com/Fabrics-K...red-Lycra-Wickaway-Camouflage-Fabric-Woodland

And it is reversible- OD on one side, woodland on the other. Perfect. Again, thanks for the assist.

UPDATE: THis design from Assassin's Creed is basically the same idea of what I would like to do- except not quite as pointy, I guess.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.