Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
I love the ssx23. It's literally better than a tm in every way. Metal, upgraded, tdc, even quieter imo (i played with my friends tm this weekend and it was weirdly louder than my ssx with the same bbs. Maybe his was janky)

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love the ssx23. It's literally better than a tm in every way. Metal, upgraded, tdc, even quieter imo (i played with my friends tm this weekend and it was weirdly louder than my ssx with the same bbs. Maybe his was janky)
Don't tell me stuff like this! LOL
These two pistols seem to be THE sidearms to have for people who dress like shrubbery.
I would say every stuff I have read or watched, or heard, about these two pretty much put them on equal footing.

The last two times I have been out sniping, my sidearm game plan has gone to crap. First time, the noise gave me away or I could have had all 7 of them vs. 3 or 4 with the HiCapa. That sucker is loud. This weeknd, I just flat out failed to load it in the car. Realized I forgot it the same time I started to gear up. So, it was go with no pistol, go home and get it (30 min. round trip), or drag the AEG M4 along...... I went with bolty only. Yup, I could have had the only guy to hit me if I would have had ANY pistol. Dumba55 me. LOL. Funny coming from a USPSA shooter. All the matches I have been to, never forgot a thing (other than non shooting items).

So, I thats why I decided to break out the wallet and see if I could get one in shipping to have it soon.
I tossed around the new SSP5, the SSX23, and the TM MK23.
I only have one real steel pistol without a dot, so that was a high "want".
It has to be as silent as possible, so that bumped the SSP5 down a notch or 2.
Seems I recall that the MK needs almost nothing for silence, right out of the box, where the SSX23 might need a few tweaks.

I really dont know why I leaned heavily on the TM side, I dont like the real version, but it is fun to shoot.
I also need to spend some time with the old iron sights to keep my skills sharp. The dot is awesome, but sometimes ya just gotta go old school.
Plus, its LARPing, so that has some weight.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
The MK23 is different from the SSX because you actually need to spend money on it, like a TDC, nub(or my nub), bucking, maybe inner barrel, and of course minor DIY stuff. The SSX has a decent TDC, decent barrel, decent bucking, decent nub(can be modded with my nub), comes with a metal slide, and costs way less. The barrel and bucking can be swapped out, but a new barrel would only be to boost power, and the bucking is a part you would have to replace regardless, just after a bit of use.

I suggest that you buy the SSX, a handful of mags, a 2021 70* Autobot, and a longer and tighter barrel like a 6.01X220mm. As for the suppressor, the Nov one is lame and you should buy something else, apparently the Silverback it good. You can also buy a 16mm CW to 14mm CCW adapter for normal suppressors. The 16X1 thread isn't exactly thhe same, but a 5/8-24 threaded item will go on most of the way without damage, and can do special things if you know what you're doing.

Also, TM mags are dogshit and are overpriced, and although Nov are also dogshit and overpriced, they are the least overpriced least dogshit gas mags out there, so they are the current best option.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
The parts you'd want for the TM to make it about the same as the SSX, plus a mag that works once the TM breaks.
The TM is supposed to be like $130, but the make their way to $220 new on HopUp since we haven't got them around in the states. It'll be a good gun, you just didn't make the very most of your money.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You will pay more money to upgrade TM MK23 than the ssx. SSX is better deal. For ssx you will only need a barrel (if you need more ft/sec) & SS's nub(free), like SS said. Even the stock bucking in ssx is great. I still use it.
139euros(pistol) + 35euros(silencer) + 30-50 euros(barrel) + 60 euros (x2 Nov's mags) (270euros paying one time shipping cost)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will follow up with this thread.
I am sure I will tune something on this thing.
Dont think I have ever had a gun where I didn't set it up for me.
Actually, I have and just one. A Ruger Precision 22LR rifle. Trigger is bleh, but no need to change it.

I will also give my honest opinion once I get to finger bang it.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Yeah, my father has some Ruger bolt .22 and it's really not bad, but neither is it good. It's simply just something you wack your neighbor's pet with when it ruins your stuff, or take out a woodchuck when it also ruins your stuff. It's really more of a tool or household appliance than anything else, sort of just boring and does what it should do, unlike a cool and expensive but unreliable rifle or something, that just has more personality to it.

Also, if you two hand finger bang(giggity) a MK platform, you can really blast off some rounds. You should also try chronoing it when you do that, as you will see a good power boost. One way to get a higher power MK23/SSX23 is simply lengthen the barrel, get the hop/nozzle to totally seal, maybe run stronger gas, and pull the trigger slowly or cock the hammer at chrono in. I took out the bit that locks the hammer which now makes the gun smoother and have a lighter pull, but the same thing applies which means that somewhere the hammer spring is losing lots of power.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, the pistol's role is to be silent. That's its primary duty.
It has to be able to hit something maybe, MAYBE 100 feet at most.
I would think 50 feet, from what I have experienced so far.
Has to punch less than 300 fps

I would like a good trigger, not just OK, but GOOD.
I also seem to understand this is a double action only (well so to speak).
it can do single cocking the hammer manually. Hoping it does not have a 10 lb pull

1 - 20 of 30 Posts