Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I was wondering where I could get ghillie supplies. I also had a few more questions.

1. Is it better to buy raw burlap and dye it yourself or buy pre de-strung jute?
2. Where can I get netting at?
3. Is it worth the time to sew the netting onto BDU's or just glue them on?

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
I used shoe goo, and then attached weights to the net and dragged it behind a bike on a single track. The netting is still on my BDUs. I bought all my stuff at lowe's, they had some plastic landscaping net that I used, and some jute. We had a bunch of rice bags at home that I just cut up for burlap. I probably spent about 10 bucks total on supplies.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For my suit I bought raw burlap very cheap I bought 4 24'x3' rolls for 29 bucks I spent a good deal on dye until i figured out a system. For a woodland ghillie I would suggest this for dying I use rit dye in one and a half large pots of water 1 golden yellow a splash of dark green that gives you a range of olive colors ranging from time soaked to order soaked in. Also cocoa brown, make sure whether its concentrated or not if it is added little by little, i used like 1/8 bottle in almost 2 gallons of water mixed with other dyes and it came out like decorative red mulch lol. IDK what kind of suit, but a lot of people make woodland so ill assume(btw i am of the opinion one should make there own, for the custimization and satsifaction)a lot of browns will be needed as there is brown year round in nature and greens can be added very easily with natural veg, you need big areas of same colored jute to more effeciently break up your outline I know that the temptation is to copy factory made suits and do a lot of little patches but this is not an effective way to break up your outline.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.