Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine broke. .90$ for three on the website (10$ shipping of course) but if I want to get it back together again Asap can these be bought elsewhere? Like a hardware store?

Wood Electric blue Cable Composite material Bumper

·
Registered
552 Posts

is my goto for springs, o-rings, or other misc airsoft parts. Shipping for me is $8 and next day given my location. I can't see it being more than two days if you're in continental US, as the warehouses are all over the country.

What you're looking for is "extension springs with loop ends" or "extension springs with hook ends"

You will need to know the EXACT dimensions - run over to harbor freight if you don't own yourself a caliper
I use this one:

Additionally you need to have an idea on the load in lbs per inch/mm. As a reference most airsoft trigger sits around 3 to 7lbs per inch. That doesn't imply that's what the spring needs, I'm just telling you as a reference when you tug on the spring to get a gauge what load it is.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

is my goto for springs, o-rings, or other misc airsoft parts. Shipping for me is $8 and next day given my location. I can't see it being more than two days if you're in continental US, as the warehouses are all over the country.

What you're looking for is "extension springs with loop ends" or "extension springs with hook ends"

You will need to know the EXACT dimensions - run over to harbor freight if you don't own yourself a caliper
I use this one:

Additionally you need to have an idea on the load in lbs per inch/mm. As a reference most airsoft trigger sits around 3 to 7lbs per inch. That doesn't imply that's what the spring needs, I'm just telling you as a reference when you tug on the spring to get a gauge what load it is.
Thanks. Guess in this case it makes sense to buy direct from novy and know for sure its the right specs. Besides, they only charge a whopping 90 cents for 3

·
Registered
552 Posts
oh ... that's CENTs...I thought they were trying to charge you 90 DOLLARS... I was like...I got you with the solution

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha no, pretty reasonably priced, most of their stuff is. Shippings a flat 10 or 15$, if I recall correctly, regardless of weight. But if it was something that can be found in a hardware store that'd be ideal

·
Registered
552 Posts
You could always try home depot or ace hardware
they carry extension springs, however it's a bit of a gamble if you don't know the exact sizing or load
the reason I use mcmasters is they tell me the metrics on everything, and the quality is top notch. Less down time the better in my case

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah so I just had Novi send me more. Takes them a few days to respond, but this time the rep just sent out 3 new springs and they got here the next day. I think their wharehouse is located just over the delaware in pa. Most of the shit I order from them gets here withing 2 days. I'm just amazed I was about to replace the tiny thing and get it working agian without causing serious property damage or bodily harm to myself or neighbors

1 - 11 of 11 Posts