Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was tossing around the idea of maybe getting an aug, it's alot more orginal than an m4, but I'm not sure, I would want it to be accurate, and I would like to know what upgrades I could do to make it a really accurate gun, but I don't need it so much as a sniper, maybe a spotters gun or somthing, because I have an l96 for my sniper. I would like to keep the fps around 350-380 so I could use it as a cqb gun too. I want to know which brand I should buy, I want good quality externals and internals, but not a rip off on the price. If I do decide to get this over my m4 I was thinking about getting then I want to spend $350 or less on the gun with some mid cap mags, if there are any available, and I want to include some upgrade parts to that price limit. I'm pretty much looking for a gun that can hit 200 ft consistantly almost every time, but isn't too strong for cqb.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well I have an old TM AUG that needs some love. It needs to be rewired and general gearbox maintenance as it hasn't been opened in a long time. PM if your interested.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't really like gas guns unless there pistols, aeg's are easier to maintain and find parts for, plus you don't have to worry about the temperature outside.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I run AUG myself, and my cover man does too, both JG's. My JG's externals were suitable for sport play, though I think all AUGs are particularly vulnerable to being dropped on the plastics. He runs the JG A3, which is heavy, really heavy. Too heavy, I think. It must have three miles of rails, but for what? A fore-grip, red-dot and maybe a light. That is not really worth the extra weight to me, so I would recommend the A2.

I have never seen an A1, so I can not vouch for the optics on them.

I found the AUG a bit unusual to hold when I first got it, so I spent some time familiarising myself with it. I also found any pouch that can fit a G3 magazine usually handily fits an AUG mag.

And, especially give it some practice reloading. I find it easy, being a little rock in and a little rock out, but I always find some dimbulb who can not figure out what the big button behind the magazine is for when trying to reload it.

You might want to look to make extra support for the barrels, as in some Teflon tap on the inside and between the outer barrel assembly and the receiver.

I have also had some problems with the MAG brand of mags when feeding heavy BBs, but I all have a high-cycle rate and very heavy bbs. My coverman used something lighter than an 0.40g, and he never had a problem. They are also sturdy and solid feeling.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have never seen an A1, so I can not vouch for the optics on them.
Their shit!! :lame:

Eye relief of about 2mil, x3 or 4 magnification in a 20mm optic.... total wank! My mates got 2 and both have descent sigts mounted on top :yup:

He actualy has 1 of every version ever produced, including a rare as hens teeth K-Bar, he just has big love for the AUG all round...... weirdo!! :lmao:

Though to be fair it is probably close to 1 of the best airsoft GB/hop combinations out their at this time :yup:

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Do the AUG scopes have a death-donut? That would be cool.

I heard that Tar21 has a bunch of proprietary parts, so that could be a problem.

Oh, another nice part of the AUG: V3 gearbox--basically.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok scratch the AUG idea, I'm going to buy a G4 A5 from asgi, I have a prometheus 509mm 6.03 barrel, and was wondering if you guys think it would be unnecessary to have a barrel that long. I mean will there be enough air volume in the cylinder to not cause a fps drop? It's just a standard m4 gearbox, but I was thinking of just starting a dmr build with it, taking it slow, and just start up by raising the fps, barrel length, and piston.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I'd probably use .25 or .28, but what would be the difference between this and an m16? They have the same cylinder volume.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I know it will be too long for the outer barrel, I have a silencer that I was going to put on it. I dont want a GBB, I only like GBB pistols, not a fan of rifles. And I was also thinking about changing out the stock piston, spring guide, spring, and piston head, I was thinking a metal tooth piston because my fps will be around 450, any ideas for the piston head? As for the piston, i was thinking this: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_148&products_id=9529
if you have any better suggestions that are under $30 for the piston then I'd love to know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.