Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, well I am browsing for another DMR. I have found the Classic Army AR10 which I am leaning towards or the G&G m14. I know its 2 different platforms and usually hard to compare but those are the only 2 that appealed to me. If you can help out between these 2 it would be appreciated and give other options would also help.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would take the G&G over the TM. The G&G is better built and much easier to take down and work with, not to mention it is also much easier to upgrade.

The biggest difference you'll have between the AR10 and M14 is the M14 will always be very front heavy, while the AR10 could be a little better balanced. The M14 has a stronger gearbox and a little more room for wires and mosfets than the AR10. But the AR10 has better after market support than the M14. Both are good choices, it just comes down to which you think looks cooler/is more comfortable to hold.

·
Registered
527 Posts
My mechanic strongly recommends against using a version 2 gearbox (as an m4) at high power, but the m14 has a stronger one as I recall. Last winter I saw an M4, and not a crappy one, knock the front of its gearbox apart at standard power.

I would prefer the M14 just for the feel of it. I think it is easier to use.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Incorrect. Muzzle heavy causes fatigue and barrel wobble.
Not incorrect, Im not saying hold it for an hour. I shoot competetively, If you dont have anything to rest your rifle on a barrel heavy gun resists interfierence from heartbeat and over-compensation more so than a light gun will. You ARE partially right in that after about 5 seconds you should muzzle down and give your arms a rest.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.