Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I know most of you will be trying to convince me to get a more known and higher quality GB than what I will be asking but I am not looking for the best GB but rather the better of the two. So which one would you recommend: JG Mosfet Enhanced 8mm Gearbox for M4 / M16 Series Airsoft AEG Rifle - Rear Wired OR Matrix / AIM Lipoly Ready 8mm Complete Gearbox for M4 / M16 series Airsoft AEG ( M130 / Back Wiring)? Also is the JG GB li-poly ready?
Thanks for all your help!

- Topa

·
Registered
101 Posts
Actually, given the choice of all aftermarket gearboxes, that JG would be my first pick. Shim it and correct the AoE and you'll have yourself a very powerful, very strong gearbox.

Those Matrix gearboxes aren't very good, and are rather prone to failure.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great! Thanks!
Now the only other thing is that I plan on installing a burst mosfet onto it. Is is possible to have two mosfets: the burst kit (plug and play type) hooked to the JG one? And is the JG li-poly ready?

-Topa

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
inthetallgrass said:
I have a black JG gearbox. I've taken it apart and I have to say that the internals are very very good. I would hazard to say li-po ready with the AOE corrected, gears shimmed and maybe a mosfet. Just don't buy the ones with pre-installed fets.
Thanks for the advice! Is there something wrong with pre-installed fets? Just wondering. Do you know if the tamiya plug tip is small type? Also what high torque motor would you recommend goes best with the JG GB?
Thanks again!

- Topa

·
Registered
101 Posts
The mosfet will have mini tamiya connectors. And the only thing wrong with them is that they aren't very strong. However, because you'll be replacing it with an aftermarket fet, it shouldn't be a problem.

I would say a JG Blue motor or an SHS Torque motor depending on what you'll be using the gun for. The JG Blue has insane amounts of torque, but the SHS torque is a bit faster with a little less torque than the Blue.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
My fet wouldn't work to begin with and after having a good look at it as starfolder said it appears to be weak. If your looking for speed I'd advise and x-tech high turbo (just the nam) motor. It's cheap and surprisingly fast and strong. For torque get a Jg blue again, as starfolder said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.