Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been in the process of ordering parts for my first VSR-10 build, and I am having issues choosing a lubricant for the piston.
Most posts on this forum suggest the use of silicone grease/lube, but it appears that this option is not available to me.

My piston of choice is the EdGi SAP piston, and according to some info I found online - you can't use silicone-based products with it.

info is taken from: EdGi SAP Kit (VSR) | website
Do not use lubricant with any Silicone ingredients - this can cause the shock-absorbing pad to swell.
Could you please advise what would be a good substitute for silicone grease for my use case?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I would recommend some sort of lube like THIS as it is pretty damn slippery, and I've never had bad experience with silicone products and urethane stuff like the EdGi piston heads or any O-rings.
As for shock absorbing pads, there really wouldn't be enough lube around to affect them, but you could always just use an O-ring slightly larger than the ID of the cylinder.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I use TechT with my SAP in the Srs and Vsr. Little bit goes a long way. Been using TechT for at least 2 years now on my internals and no issues.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I can ship anywhere usually, if he really wants TechT and can cover the postage, I could make sure he gets it!! 🍻

·
Registered
647 Posts
Honestly, I've had some lubes ruin my SAP. Message edgi directly on facebook. Post results here

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Messaged EdGi on facebook. EdGi's response was:
You may use any motor/engine oil on the SAP but don't use silicone oil since it has content which is harmful on the damper and hop up rubber.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts