Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting my hands on a stock JG VSR-10. Of course I am going to swap out parts. But which ones should I do immediately and which ones should I do as they wear out and fail?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Air seal
Good BBs
Hop up rubber

Cylinder/trigger group

Barrel
Longevity parts.

In this order, the spaces between groups indicates that you need to play one/two games with that setup before upgrading the next part, so you get an idea of what your gun needs.

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I also suggest doing diy mods like a cylinder sleeve, ejection port cover, foam filled stock, extra barrel spacers, polish your barrel, shim your hop arm, polish your trigger sears, change the O-ring on your piston, and all of that stuff.

This here playlist has a bunch of useful videos regarding most of this stuff, and the rest you can find on here by looking or asking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Air seal
Good BBs
Hop up rubber

Cylinder/trigger group

Barrel
Longevity parts.

In this order, the spaces between groups indicates that you need to play one/two games with that setup before upgrading the next part, so you get an idea of what your gun needs.
When you say the airseal. Do you mean adding Teflon tape to the threads of the nozel
Air seal
Good BBs
Hop up rubber

Cylinder/trigger group

Barrel
Longevity parts.

When you say airseal do you mean on the threads of the nozzle that goes into the hop up chamber?
Also is it worth upgrading the hop up to the action army immediately along with a TB inner?

·
Registered
333 Posts
When you say the airseal. Do you mean adding Teflon tape to the threads of the nozel

When you say airseal do you mean on the threads of the nozzle that goes into the hop up chamber?
Also is it worth upgrading the hop up to the action army immediately along with a TB inner?
You don't sort the airseal with ptfe tape. It's not how it works.
You lube and replace the two main o-rings on the piston head and cylinder head, that's how you fix air leaks.

I'm not a fan of the AA hop chamber, from what I've seen it can lead to air leaks and is overall a pain in the ass to install and adjust (especially in game as it needs you to remove the mag, cock the bolt and stick the tiniest allen wrench in the magwell, every single time). If you really want to mod the hop, buy/make a TDC turret.

I've also come to the conclusion that tight bores are a gimmick, I got better results with 6.05+ barrels than with 6.02 and lower.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You don't sort the airseal with ptfe tape. It's not how it works.
You lube and replace the two main o-rings on the piston head and cylinder head, that's how you fix air leaks.

I'm not a fan of the AA hop chamber, from what I've seen it can lead to air leaks and is overall a pain in the ass to install and adjust (especially in game as it needs you to remove the mag, cock the bolt and stick the tiniest allen wrench in the magwell, every single time). If you really want to mod the hop, buy/make a TDC turret.

I've also come to the conclusion that tight bores are a gimmick, I got better results with 6.05+ barrels than with 6.02 and lower.
Got it about the airseal.. (this is why I ask a ton of questions lol) I didn't know you could get TDC kits that worked with the stock Hop Up

·
Registered
333 Posts
Got it about the airseal.. (this is why I ask a ton of questions lol) I didn't know you could get TDC kits that worked with the stock Hop Up
Yep they're somewhat cheap too (@Blind Sniper on here has a YouTube video on making a DIY one for pennies, you may want to check it out).
I personally use a GunSmithy one but there are other options available (tridos if you want a low profile one although it's a little bit more expensive).
The thing is, if the stock chamber seals well there is no need to replace it :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Thanks for the mention! I love my homemade TDC mods but in the end they are janky. They work, they hold up, but at the end of the day you’re glueing shit together. Some people don’t mind it, others prefer all precision items. Tridos is an excellent TDC, @Masada makes parts and inserts I believe, and the Gen1 airsoft philosopher chamber has a nice TDC setup. The gen2 is really nice too as it has the clicky feature but you still have to attach the base to your outer barrel with adhesive or the double sided tape they give you. Jb weld is strong af though. I re did one of my Tdcs once and destroyed the turret base trying to get it off.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
I really like the AA chamber. I have installed it in many rifles and never had an issue.

Personally I would upgrade the trigger first if you can afford it. Then you will be able to have the fps you desire.
Then I would upgrade the hopup. When new if the stock hopup is shooting straight then it should be OK. If it leaks a little, it should be a consistent leak. So accuracy should still be reasonably OK.
Next the barrel. Most stock barrels are accurate. The one advantage with an upgrade is a smaller diameter which can give you more fps and this in turn give more fps.
Lastly the cylinder. JG stock cylinders are good

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the mention! I love my homemade TDC mods but in the end they are janky. They work, they hold up, but at the end of the day you’re glueing shit together. Some people don’t mind it, others prefer all precision items. Tridos is an excellent TDC, @Masada makes parts and inserts I believe, and the Gen1 airsoft philosopher chamber has a nice TDC setup. The gen2 is really nice too as it has the clicky feature but you still have to attach the base to your outer barrel with adhesive or the double sided tape they give you. Jb weld is strong af though. I re did one of my Tdcs once and destroyed the turret base trying to get it off.
just checked out Tridos very cool but it looks like they only make them to worth with the AA hop up for the VSR10??
I really like the AA chamber. I have installed it in many rifles and never had an issue.

Personally I would upgrade the trigger first if you can afford it. Then you will be able to have the fps you desire.
Then I would upgrade the hopup. When new if the stock hopup is shooting straight then it should be OK. If it leaks a little, it should be a consistent leak. So accuracy should still be reasonably OK.
Next the barrel. Most stock barrels are accurate. The one advantage with an upgrade is a smaller diameter which can give you more fps and this in turn give more fps.
Just got a message from the seller. Will go in the mail tomorrow. Should have it this time next week. Gonna go to the store and get some replacement o rings. (Does it have barrel spacers?) New bucking. Maybe the AA hop up. I think for

The seller is shipping tomorrow. Gonna grab some new o rings, hop up, some spacers (Does the bar 10 have them?) Maybe the aa hop up if they have it. Gonna hold off on the trigger until it fails then upgrade it.. (give me a chance to save up some funds)

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
You just need a roll of painters tape to make barrel spacers.

Just wrap a layer or two on the barrel with the sticky side up, and then wrap more with the sticky side down over that until it is a mildly snug fit in the outer barrel.
Make as many as you like, the more the better.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
You trim your finger nails to a point??? Some mother do have em...

·
Registered
682 Posts
I think the aa hop chamber with a TDC mod, regardless of how you do the TDC, is the best upgrade you can EVER do to your vsr-10.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Yeah, it's kind of a habit, but I find I have better control over intricate things like picking up small things.
Also, they have saved me from quite a few injuries where I feel something cutting or grinding my nail, before I hit skin.

@Blind Sniper I want your cat glasses and an 85° bucking

·
Registered
252 Posts
I play fingerstyle acoustic guitar
My picking hand fingernails are pointed, more so, my thumb's nail is shaped so it's a point to the side

I often draw people's attention away from my nails cause it makes me look like a vampire or a hobo...

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
That's crazy, JG is pretty much the same spec as TM.

The WELL MB03 on the other hand is not compatible, even though it's a VSR clone.
That's because the outer barrel is too small to insert the hop chamber

1 - 20 of 27 Posts