Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
I was shooting my KJW M700 in excess of 300 feet after all my upgrades yesterday and decided that a fixed zoom 4x zoom scope wasn't going to cut it. With that said, I am looking for a variable zoom scope. I still need a magnification that isn't too much for my 100 foot MED, but still reach out to 300+.
I was originally looking at the Matrix 3-12x50, but I heard that it gets fuzzy at around 7. Heres what I am looking at:
NcStar 6-24x50
NcStar 8-32x50 (Yeah... ridiculous zoom but the 6-24 is out of stock)
Leapers 4-16x50 (One of my favorites)
Vism/NcStar 4-16x50

Any input on these scopes, especially the lens quality at maximum zoom. Obviously as these are budget scopes, the quality won't be the best, but input is welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Why the x50 scopes? Do you have any idea how big and heavy those are? Nor do you have any use for the high magnification levels you are looking at.

I'd just get a 3-9x40 like most people do, not too big and you'll only need 3-6x magnification anyways.

There are already quite a lot of topics on this. Leapers seems the way to go for budget scopes. But I'm more than satisfied with my Nikko-Stirling.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think a standard 3-9x40 will work fine. Magnification past 9 does very little for airsoft guns, and the 50mm objective will substantially increase the size of your scope. Not to mention, the array of scope covers and accessories for 50mm objective scopes can be more expensive and hard to find than 40mm.

How much would you like to spend? If you just want something cheap, then the Leapers or NcStar will work fine.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'd recommend to look at Nikko Stirling Airking serie.
They are designed for airguns and short distances. You can adjust parallax so its not a problem if you care. However they are not nitrogen filled.
You can try Mountmaster as well. They are for 22cal.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'd recommend to look at Nikko Stirling Airking serie.
They are designed for airguns and short distances. You can adjust parallax so its not a problem if you care. However they are not nitrogen filled.
You can try Mountmaster as well. They are for 22cal.
I got the 3-9x40 mountmaster with parallax adjustment. I think it's great value for my money.

·
Registered
193 Posts
To be honest, our rifles are inaccurate and parallax problem can be just ignored.
Just get something nitrogen filled, with good glass and if posible with mil-dot reticle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.