Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
guardian003 said:
This is why the Israeli's created in the 50's a machine pistol or a submachine gun
Dude, American Thompson was the first sub-machine gun production starting at year 1919 and was officially in U.S military service at 1938

·
Registered
299 Posts
I carry a sidearm because when a rifle goes dry or jams, it's probably 3 seconds faster (for someone that has built that muscle memory) to draw and fire, than reload and fire.

I realize your post is talking about what kind of sidearm, but your title drew me in it says NO sidearm, which I believe from personal experience, to be stupid. Sort of a military "two is one, one is none" mentality. When in combat, you WILL need a back-up...of everything, not just weapons.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Besides, at least in our national common rules is stated that you lose your weapon from a weapon hit (wow? =P ) BUT IF you have any BACK UP weapons you may continue playing with your back up, otherwise you must leave the battle to respawn or to wait for the next game.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright first of all how is the american tommy gun a machine pistol? that was a fully automatic machine gun made in 9 MM parabellum and 45 ACP absolutely not a submachine gun under any circumstances, and i have indeed changed the title, thanks for pointing out my mistake ^^

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh and by the way i never said that the Uzi or the MP5 was the first? however i did use the variables in that they was the first to be created on a large scale, and if you look at those machine guns u was talking about young gun, they probably would have never worked in battle knowing german manufactured stuff. it probably contained 1500 parts and took several men to change the barrel, im not bashing germans, infact i am a german with a long german heritage and i kno my ppl their stuff is complicated lol

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Learn to read guardian... Thompson is sub-machine gun and Mauser C-96 machine pistol... =_=

I've got written and verbal proof from English and Finnish literature and professors and experts. What do YOU have as proof?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Guardian, please use the Modify button to edit your post if you wish to add more the what you have said. Double posting is against the forum rules. Also, we're not too hard on people about their grammar around here but some of your sentences are downright painful to read. Please make an effort not to spell like a third grader from here on so that we can all understand what you're trying to say. I'm sorry but "ur" and "snipering" aren't real words. For more information, please consult rules 4 and 6:

And now on to your post... to be frank, sir: Airsoft is Military Simulation, agreed? So why would a "serious" sniper, as you say, not carry a pistol into airsoft combat when the real operators carry them? Our sport is replicating the real deal, and guess what? The real deal guys carry pistols if anything, not mini Uzi's. Why would we all want run around toting mini Uzi's like you say we should? You're arguing that real-world snipers don't carry side arms and then you go on to suggest carrying a mini Uzi of all things? I don't see what point you're trying to make there.

In regards to pistols giving away your position, ever heard of a suppressor? Even without one, let's say you're walking patrol through a forest and you hear two noises: a loud, whining automatic machine pistol or a dull thud from a distance. Which are you more likely to think of as someone shooting at you? I'll help you out, the machine pistol. All airsofters' ears are adept at picking up that sewing machine-like noise in any environment. A thud or pop like that of a GBB or NBB pistol could be mistaken as a falling branch or something of the like. In short, it's a much more natural sound than a whining electric gun.

Please compare option 1 (Mini Uzi AEP):

I'm assuming, based on your trashing of any sort of gas gun, that you haven't been around airsoft long enough to know that the first mini Uzi's were gas powered and indeed are some of the loudest replicas out there.

Now for your argument of weight. Awesome, your electric Uzi weighs a pound or so.. that sounds like terrific build quality. Sometimes weight must be sacrificed in order to have a better functioning replica. And how bulky is this leg rig you're talking about stuffed with an Uzi and a couple magazines?-(not clips) Your plastic Uzi maybe be light but it's bulky and awkward to carry around all day, let alone lay comfortably in a hide.

This brings me to my last point about pistols, most people get them as collectors or 'for-show' items. It's been said that "Airsoft is 90% looks and 10% functionality." There is a strong 'coolness' factor that ties into GBB's/NBB's and that is one of the reasons they are so popular. You may love your mini Uzi and that's fine, but the fact of the matter is that some of your points are not only beyond weak and loosely based on fact, but downright false. And again, if your grammar and punctuation were a little better perhaps I could have understood the fine details of what you were trying to say.

Thanks for readin',

-Embed

P.S. I find it somewhat offensive that you say that wars are won solely because of firearms, it's the brave men and women who risk and sometimes give their lives that win the wars.. not the guns. Not only that, but why would you expect a pistol to 'win' a war? It's a pistol, that's not what it was designed for.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
"Its point blank that no one here has ever seen blood and gut combat, nor has anyone here ever looked at the weapons that win wars." Quoted.....

What makes you think that none of us have seen blood and guts?? Let alone from a war that is on the other side of the world.. You should be a little more careful with your words before you start spouting off and sounding like a fool.

So please the next time that you come on here and say "none of you have seen a war... fought in a war... shot at people..." Think twice.. i have seen my fair share of people being shot up and blown up. Let alone myself being blown up a few times, as well as being shot with anything from rifles to RPG's.

So please please think before you let your fingers do that talking for you .....

Sorry mods for my rant... but this really ticks me off when people talk like this..... feel free to delete if you don't approve

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Hell no it shouldn't be deleted! Rather than that, it should be enlarged, carved on a gold plate and hanged on the walls behind screens from which we all who visit on this forum read and post our more or less brilliant posts.

What this topic needs is a lock since it completely lacks all visual, facts, PROPER opinion and research-based points to even start with.

MOD:
Though I'd grand one reply for the author before locking this topic up. :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Woogie, don't you ever feel bad for posting something like that. You are exactly right, I too found that part offensive because we've got plenty of guys on here that have been to war defending our freedom. +1 for you, my friend.

Wandall, let the mods do their job :). But yes, I am waiting for a reply from Guardian. It's only fair.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Embed, guess why I'm currently applying as a mod for this site? -_-

·
Registered
15 Posts
c'mon leave the 5th grader to his horrible views and points, he does have a point it does make more sense to carry a full auto than a single shot. How ever full autos in small sizes usually do not have too much FPS nor ROF. I carry a beretta 92 its a GBB and has 370 FPS with .20 grain ammunition.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Alright, let me put my hat into this.

I'm going to agree with Wandall on this one. A lot of people have seen actual war, and have actually served. I personally am going into the Navy August 21st. I have also actually shot a dozen real steel weapons. Learn your facts and get to know people on here before going on posting.

That is where warning one is coming from

Second, as Embed said, your grammer and lack of utilizing the shift key to capitolize your words is also another thing we look down upon.

That is where warning two is coming from

Third, you double post, which is stated against our rules. Use the modify button.

That is where warning three is coming from

Enjoy your 24 hour ban from our forum. Take that time to read the rules and get yourself aquainted with how things are run around here.

Also Wandall, you're getting a warning as well for double posting. Hate to do it, but you got one.. Which I believe strikes you on second warning, one more and it's 24 hour vacation for you as well. Again, I'm sorry. But rules is rules. You're good.

Now, to the topic at hand:
We actually do have several posts about carrying Sidearms, read some before making this rediculas post. I carry a WE 1911.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
o_O Where did I double post? 0.o​
*stunned*​

Do you mean literally posting twice in a topic or posting same stuff in two different threads? Since I ain't sure IF that one other post on another topic is too similar to this one... Yet it is compleatly In Topic there... Anyway my bad. =P

MOD:
Dude, I honestly don't find any double posts sent by me? I searched through whole site. Either I'm compleatly blind or someone has done a small misstake... =)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Ahh yes, you got me. I confused Wandall with Woogie. I wasn't aware we had two W's on our board. Warning removed.

But double posting is making two consecutive posts in a row, instead of using the Modify button.

You're fine though.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Thanks mate. ^^ No harm done, okay got that one clear now! =)

·
Registered
3 Posts
if i am moving to a position i separate from my team (because theyre loud and gay
) but a few times i have come up behind people and 9/10 of the time there is more than one. tapping out with a pistol is easier than shooting one then cocking a bolt e.t.c

now people might say - why not carry an smg then? and the simple answer is weight and size, the pistol is much easier to have on your person without effecting you while crawling.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.