Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am a proud owner of a AGM l96, yes I know its a complete POS so please don't make fun of me :( But I am going to a airsoft match this Saturday (it is my first) and I have put a spring spacer in the spring guide, cleaned the hop up and foamed the whole stock. it shoots dead on at 40yrds without wavering. Now when I get there will people laugh at me? Or what should I be prepared for?

·
Registered
160 Posts
No matter what guns and gear you have, someone will laugh at you. Either because you look like you shouldn't be there at all, or because something you have on is funny. The gun wouldn't be what they would be laughing at anyways, it would be what ever you wear to the game.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Airsoft snipers will always be laughed at for a few reasons. Either because our "K:D" is really bad (especially starting out), we'll go an entire game without a kill or just because 99% of the time we're the only one out there with a semi-auto or bolt action gun when everyone else has full auto AEGs. The bottom line is that if we're doing our jobs right, an airsoft sniper is the epitome of a team player, calling locations and movements of OpFor; and we will always have to earn our respect one shot at a time.

P.S: Make an intro post before a mod gets cranky ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
bobgengeskahn said:
Airsoft snipers will always be laughed at for a few reasons. Either because our "K:D" is really bad (especially starting out), we'll go an entire game without a kill or just because 99% of the time we're the only one out there with a semi-auto or bolt action gun when everyone else has full auto AEGs. The bottom line is that if we're doing our jobs right, an airsoft sniper is the epitome of a team player, calling locations and movements of OpFor; and we will always have to earn our respect one shot at a time.

P.S: Make an intro post before a mod gets cranky ;)
I don't know about that one^
If you show up with a homemade ghillie and a gun that looks cool(for example, don't use a spring clear shotgun) then there is a potential for alot of respect, I know alot of people respect me when I reck them with my sniper because they can't see me ;). Also don't show up with reading glasses as your eye-pro, that will get you into alot of trouble+laughter dirrected at you. Oh and don't slip and fall in mud.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Anyone that laughs at anyone for any reason at the airsoft field is obviously insecure about themselves. As long as you are not waving your gun around going I am l33t, then who gives a doodle.

Now granted, there will be laughs on the field, and such will occur if one is to roll down a hill accidently or something.

·
Registered
160 Posts
fuzzywolly said:
...such will occur if one is to roll down a hill accidently or something.
HAHAHA! I would laugh my ass off if I saw someone do that. I once saw a guy slide down a muddy hill on his pack. Every body that saw it stop and started laughing. It was priceless.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
fuzzywolly said:
Anyone that laughs at anyone for any reason at the airsoft field is obviously insecure about themselves. As long as you are not waving your gun around going I am l33t, then who gives a doodle.

Now granted, there will be laughs on the field, and such will occur if one is to roll down a hill accidently or something.
Or when you hide for about half an hour with an AEG waiting for the enemy to pass you and you wave to a friendly to bugger off and he shoots you :-/ He was silly.

·
Registered
84 Posts
BeckLR1 said:
Wow are people really that "serious" (fuzzywolly has it right) at AS scrimmages?

Is is lots of kids or is it adults? Just curious.
It really depends where you play, and who you're with. Some are serious to the point of absurdity, others are lax to the point of nothing much happening. And then there's everything in between. You're best off finding a place where the general atmosphere and player attitude is what you're most comfortable with.

·
Registered
807 Posts
dhm078 said:
BeckLR1 said:
Wow are people really that "serious" (fuzzywolly has it right) at AS scrimmages?

Is is lots of kids or is it adults? Just curious.
It really depends where you play, and who you're with. Some are serious to the point of absurdity, others are lax to the point of nothing much happening. And then there's everything in between. You're best off finding a place where the general atmosphere and player attitude is what you're most comfortable with.
True that... if you have the luxury to have a number of places to choose from.

·
Registered
127 Posts
When I went for my first time I was quite obviously a n00b, but I got nothing but positive comments about my kit, helpful reminders such as remembering to remove mags when entering the safe-zone and people offering me to try their guns out so that I could make a more educated decision when I come to buy one myself.

If the sort of idiots are there who will laugh at you, ignore them and hang out with the helpful crowd. Everyone was a n00b once and the best people are the ones who remember that and try and help you with all the things THEY got wrong back when they were the n00bs. The important thing is to be aware of your inexperience and not to try and hide it, soak up the experience of the pros and be prepared to listen to them and they will (for the most part) have respect for that.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
inthetallgrass said:
And ALWAYS call your hits. People respect you more for calling your hits then for trying to make yourself out to be a better player.
Yes, for the love of airsoft, call your hits. It is a game, so going back to the respawn is not going to kill you. ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
quigly said:
fuzzywolly said:
...such will occur if one is to roll down a hill accidently or something.
HAHAHA! I would laugh my ass off if I saw someone do that. I once saw a guy slide down a muddy hill on his pack. Every body that saw it stop and started laughing. It was priceless.
I've had my fair share of falls...The terrain I play on is very hilly, and I have bad balance. It basically creates the perfect storm for seeing somebody get hurt. I've slid down 40ft of hill on my ass...Let's just say, I spent a long time in the staging area pulling out foxtails.

Even better one: A few weeks back, I'm crouching on a hill with a fairly steep drop off. More enemies are approaching, so to be "stealthy" and reduce the chance of being seen(this is in very tall grass) , I attempt to get down on one knee. I expected my knee to hit solid ground, however, it turns out, I was quite a bit closer to the "steep drop off" than I'd estimated. I let out an "Oh, Crap!" and started rolling down. The cameraman was only about 20ft away, and came right in time to watch my horrendous attempt at stealthiness.

So, to answer your question, and hopefully entertain fuzzywolly, no. You won't get laughed at, unless you do something like I did. In which case, you deserve it.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
ronnokk said:
So, to answer your question, and hopefully entertain fuzzywolly, no. You won't get laughed at, unless you do something like I did. In which case, you deserve it.

Good luck!
I love a good show.

And since we are talking about getting laughed at, I might as well add a brief story.

I was in my ghillie, but out in the open behind some boxes, and got up to move, only to realize my rifle stock got stuck on my ghillie, and my bipod stuck in some fish net. I literally was trapped like a fish, and it took about 2 minutes to get it off. Doesn't seem like long, but when you have guys screaming for support, it gets kind of nerve racking.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Heck we all have moments like that man. Don't worry about it, as we will always be laughed at and made fun of.

Heck I was told I wasn't going to be any good for the team, while I was at Breedland in Wi one year. Well that was my first year, and to say the least after the game everyone from both sides was wondering what I was doing and how many people were rolling with me.

Many were surprised to find out it was me and my spotter. To find that out, and then they realized that two guys were able to control half of the field, and funnel everyone to the other side where the entire team was set up.

Let them laugh at you, and get your payback out on the field.

Funny story.....woogie style.......

Was at a local game, and I went to light a smoke grenade, well the sparks hit another smoke in my vest and lit the fuse. Before I knew it I was smoking!! Thankfully I had my Oakley gloves on, so I was able to grab the smoke and toss it where it was needed.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Trust me, the moment your bullet hits the mark with a big PANG and no one knows where you are in the field, they will stop laughing :)

The guys I play with have never laughed at me. Mostly because they know how devastating my team can be, and the rumors makes new players look nervously over at us, so I think that is a plus ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I play extremely casual games with just my friends, usually CQB or small field battles, and everyone but one friend and I, have spring shotguns and M14s. I own the AGM L96, making it easily the most powerful on the field. So, no, I haven't had any laughs. (Except when I contemplated wearing a camo kilt. Yeah. A kilt.)

·
Registered
745 Posts
When I show up to the field, I have more people ask to shoot my rifle, then laugh. I got laughed at in the beginning, and there is one ***hat who says I am trash, but, that dude uses a CYMA AK47, nothing wrong with CYMA, but, it's just bleh.
If anything, people will think you're a noob, most snipers that show up with a clone (I have NOTHING agansit clones, I used one for ages) people will be like "not another". Just show them you mean business. If anyone asks you about it, just tell them to cold hard facts. I showed up, and said I was a sniper, they said don't waste your time, a AEG can outrange my sniper. I said get the best ranged AEG out, and lets shoot. Guess who won that one? The bolt action. They haven't said anything bad sense.
What I am getting at is, it happens!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Airsoft Players tend to be the most helpful and honorable players of any sport in my experience. The only time i've been laughed at is when I played on a very hilly area after it had just rained and a large group of op-for were chasing me around a house, i was running at top speed (around 15 MPH last time i checked) and i slipped, caught myself, took another step and fell on my butt. i slid all the way down the hill at such speeds that my vision blurred, then i just got up and walked off like i planned the whole thing. The op-for were laughing so hard they couldn't aim straight.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.