Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, with winter coming up and all, I figured I'd share my info about winter camo! I personally think a ghillie suit looks wrong in the winter, because the snow smoothes everything out, and a shadowy leafy white thing looks out of place! They still work of course, but I just think it's not worth making one when you could make/buy an alternative for very cheap.
And now, presenting the German Snow Poncho

(This last picture is from a thread on MiA, here)http://miairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=gear&action=display&thread=1003

I got one several years ago and only recently was i able to actually fit it, lol, and I've discovered how effective it really is! (Super effective)

A few pros over a ghillie:
Lightweight
Cheap/time efficient
I believe it blends in better anyway

In the winter, there are basically two colors. White and dark brown/green. The contrast between the dazzling white and anything else renders that other color almost black! In fact, a pure black suit can blend in almost as well as white in some areas.

And here is how to make one!

Ok, so I took a closer look at the poncho I own, and starts, not with a rhombus, but with two 3'x8' sheets sewn together to make a 6'x8' rectangle. Other than that the construction is the same.
(8' is an estimate, Just use whatever length necessarily to fall to just below the knees- Or anywhere else you prefer for that matter!)

*Permanent link*
http://imageshack.us/f/823/snowponcho.png/

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh LOL. Well there's your solution I guess
I dunno, this gives more room for customization for one thing, and if you have the materials, (like me) it would be a lot faster than ordering online and waiting for it. Also some people (again, me) don't have the ability to easily order stuff online, I have to go through parents or older siblings, and that takes a while/isn't always possible!

So yeah xD Your best option is probably to just buy one five :B

·
Registered
82 Posts
felixlaurifer said:
I dunno, this gives more room for customization for one thing, and if you have the materials, (like me) it would be a lot faster than ordering online and waiting for it. Also some people (again, me) don't have the ability to easily order stuff online, I have to go through parents or older siblings, and that takes a while/isn't always possible!

Good point. I posted them cuz I had just been talking about them the day before.

Oh, VISA gift cards are your friend!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
brickerenator said:
felixlaurifer said:

Good point. I posted them cuz I had just been talking about them the day before.

Oh, VISA gift cards are your friend!
Muahahahaha, that is exactly what i need >:D Thanks :B
Still, that IS a very helpful link
always nice to have options!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i played my brother today and i hid behind a pile of sticks and i had a white/black coat on. i thought that he would see me easily but he didnt see me until he was about 20 feet away. he only got that close because i havent sighted in m y scope.. all u really need is white gray a black mixed together

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.