Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
541 - 560 of 597 Posts

·
Administrator
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #541 ·
Failure ..
I can't make the AW338 to shoot over 430 fps!
Even with the CO2 spring shoots max 430 fps @5 degrees Celsious while the M40A5 shoots 510fps!!

The accuracy is Ok but range needs work!

Maybe it's too cold for don't know .. I've to order a new inner barrel so I can be sure.

Wolf

·
Administrator
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #542 ·
Made another attempt on the Ares AW338..
I want to raise the fps at least at 500..
Today was colder and couldn't shoot over 370 fps on propane with the CO2 spring in.
I fitted a 6.03 650mm prommy barrel still the fps are there but the range and accuracy improved
For 370fps shoots great .. but I want it to shoot hotter !
Now I'll try to open the outlet valves a bit and see what happens .
I'll wait a warmer day too...

I don't want to let it.. looks very very nice I want it to be at least skirmishable.. not the best rifle out there. My last resort will be to drill and tap the mag for HPA.

Wolf

·
Registered
942 Posts
You might need a bigger flow valve, or need to bore out the outlet valve a little bit. I had this problem with an S&T DSR 1 I worked on a few months back. reaper airsoft has a video on it on youtube, though I am not 100% certain it will be directly applicable to your situation

·
Administrator
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #544 ·
The system is exactly the same as the DSR-1 .. so it will work.
I've done that mod to a pistol and it went well.. I never had the need to do the same to a rifle.. but I'll do it. I have 2 mags (and 5 spare strips) so I'll try it to one first.
It's shame to be that bad. It's a very good looking gun.
The thing is my DSR-1 shoots 500 fps !

Wolf

·
Administrator
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #549 ·
Yes the VFC is the ASG M40A5
The vfc is very well build.
I'm using propane and its OK.
I've never owned a KJW M700 so I can't comment . But one of my Tanakas perform better than the VFC.
I know everybody says VFC is better than Tanaka but from my experience one of my 2 Tanaka is better.

Wolf

·
Administrator
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #556 ·
Daytona Gun M110/SR25 GBB

The Tan was build by me a couple years ago, Ares M110 body and fitted the DG SR25 kit.

The black is the old version that was build in Daytona Gun HQ around 2009 and was sold as a complete gun, you could buy it in Ares body or G&P body.
Mine is the Ares body .

Wolf

·
Registered
167 Posts
Daytona Gun M110/SR25 GBB

The Tan was build by me a couple years ago, Ares M110 body and fitted the DG SR25 kit.

The black is the old version that was build in Daytona Gun HQ around 2009 and was sold as a complete gun, you could buy it in Ares body or G&P body.
Mine is the Ares body .

Wolf
2009, it must have been Tony Rizzo building that for you? He left the DG business and it's now being sold in Canada.

·
Administrator
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #558 ·
No 2009 Tony wasn't in the DG business yet.
The old guns were build by Daytona in Hong Kong. Only 24 gun ever made according to Justin(the owner of DG).
I bought it used.. but it's in excellent shape.

Wolf

541 - 560 of 597 Posts