Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
I have wolverine bolt e and mancraft u shape co2 adaptor and mancraft regulator.
I'm having inconsistency issues so first I changed bucking but I'm suspecting it's the mancraft regulators fault. Here are the numbers:

353.5, 353.5, 355.7, 353.1, 363.7, 352.8, 350.8, 351.3, 353, 353.6, 350.8, 351.5, 349.9, 348.3, 356.4, 350.9, 350.1, 348.5, 349, 358.5, 348.5, 348.1, 359.7, 348, 346.9, 347.6, 350.3, 346.5, 360.4, 350.8, 347.1, 346.9, 347, 356.8, 358, 345.6, 349, 354.7, 356.9, 358.1, 349.6, 356.4, 344.9, 346.3, 343.6, 347.4, 347, 344.1, 358.5, 344.3

As you can see sometimes it jumps for 10 or even 20 fps which my hop up sends bb into sky. And around 20th- 30-th shot my fps starting to drop a little.

My other question is, is it normal with co2 12g to lose pressure around 30th shot or you should have constant same pressure untill the like last 10 shots?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi guys!
I have wolverine bolt e and mancraft u shape co2 adaptor and mancraft regulator.
I'm having inconsistency issues so first I changed bucking but I'm suspecting it's the mancraft regulators fault. Here are the numbers:

353.5, 353.5, 355.7, 353.1, 363.7, 352.8, 350.8, 351.3, 353, 353.6, 350.8, 351.5, 349.9, 348.3, 356.4, 350.9, 350.1, 348.5, 349, 358.5, 348.5, 348.1, 359.7, 348, 346.9, 347.6, 350.3, 346.5, 360.4, 350.8, 347.1, 346.9, 347, 356.8, 358, 345.6, 349, 354.7, 356.9, 358.1, 349.6, 356.4, 344.9, 346.3, 343.6, 347.4, 347, 344.1, 358.5, 344.3

As you can see sometimes it jumps for 10 or even 20 fps which my hop up sends bb into sky. And around 20th- 30-th shot my fps starting to drop a little.

My other question is, is it normal with co2 12g to lose pressure around 30th shot or you should have constant same pressure untill the like last 10 shots?

I myself am making the exploration into HPA. My only exposure to date is a P* Kythera with a UGS 12g co2 stock. I just ripped the bandaid off and got a 13ci tank to maintain the untethered look and increase my shot capacity and hopefully longer period of shot FPS consistency.

I also grabbed a tank/reg/line setup to compare performance versus the UGS.

My setup starts of with the first 3-5 shots being wild, and then settles down for the next 120 (or so) before it falls off and cannister is spent. Usually a 3-7 range of deviation in FPS.

General Questions (to come back to--notes)

Long or short barrel setup

Have you performed any maintenance or cleaning of the setup to make sure things are lubed and greased?

Same for the maintenance of the gun itself (check for air leaks, nozzle engaging the hop, barrel clean,, etc.....)

Can the electronic element be changed for open or close cycles times (unlike the mechanical operation of Kythera)?

By the varying data provided, I would guess that it is unbalanced reg so outside conditions impact air delivery as opposed to a separate reg delivering a consistent volume.

What weight of BB are you shooting, and have you tried something lighter to see if the shot count is increased or less deviation in FPS? Or different brand?

Off to drink more coffee and see what I can learn this am.....

Cheers,
BroHay

·
Registered
50 Posts
CO2 can be tricky. What temps are you shooting in and how fast are you cycling through shots?

I'm assuming you look at the psi before each shot to verify it is up to the right pressure?

If you have an air compressor handy, you can test it with a larger volume of compressed air and see if you get the same inconsistencies. If you do then its caused by the gun.

·
Registered
VW Sharan
94 Posts
I hope my replay is not completely off topic but I'll dare to post it ;-) My experience with Airsoft "science" started in the mid 90's in Japan , than during my University years in the US a bit later , we've played very frequently with our classmates .Over 20 years ago we used compressed freon mixed with some silicone . All these green gas, smart gas etc. were still in the future. At present I have large collection of almost all kinds of power sources Airsoft replicas . But from the top of my almost three decades of experience in this field I am focused on two main types of Replicas : Spring powered and AEG . With a proper maintenance and care my spring snipers, shotguns and pistols will last like...forever and will be available in working condition for my grand children and further ;-) Springers don't give a damn about the seasons, weather conditions etc. Well, after few thousand shots the springs gettin' "tired" anyway , but as we all know Nothin' lasts forever :) They are very easy for maintenance and the construction is very simple . The electric guns : With properly settled internals and good care about the gears and compression system they are also long living "creatures" . The powerplant which I am using are mainly not just Li-po batteries . I am using the pumped version Li-Hv ( Lithium-High voltage ) CNCL batteries which are way stronger and gives more power discharge. Most common capacity I am using are 4000 - 9200 mAh for the DMR's and AEG snipers ; 2200-3500 mAh for my assault rifles and submachine guns and 1000-1500 mAh for my pistols . When I was younger and in good health I used to play with my mates almost twice a month. But Since I am in the wheel chair I have all the free time in this world and now I can shoot every day and all day long with "wasted" at least 1000 BB's per day . As a passionate backyard plinking "expert" :) I found these two types of guns most reliable and comfortable for me. Since while ago I and few my crippled mates playing our "Cripple shooting Tournaments" in three different disciplines : 10 m target shooting with pistol ; 25 meters target shooting with long barrel replicas , and the third and most exciting for most of us : Mini Field target speed range . All we use these two types of weapons : Springers or AEG's . Some of the guys using GBB or CO2 pistols, but they're 2 or 3 of all .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Long or short barrel setup
my barrel is 430mm
Have you performed any maintenance or cleaning of the setup to make sure things are lubed and greased?
I replaced the bucking and teflon tapped it, it seems to have no leaks. I then disassembled the regulator and the co2 adaptor, regreased and relubed everything.
I tried chrono it again this time with 0.28 bbs ( usually using 0.48bbs ), it seemed a little more consistent after first several shots and I noticed even more consistent if I rapidly rackin the bolt and shooting :unsure:
But I will test it more I just didn't have the time latelly.

One more thing I noticed is slight whistle when I shoot coming from the regulator or the adaptor, can't be sure. Is that normal?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CO2 can be tricky. What temps are you shooting in and how fast are you cycling through shots?

I'm assuming you look at the psi before each shot to verify it is up to the right pressure?

If you have an air compressor handy, you can test it with a larger volume of compressed air and see if you get the same inconsistencies. If you do then its caused by the gun.
I was chronoing in my basement where's like 17°c-18°c
I looked at psi and the needle was at around 120psi where it should be untill about 10-15 last shots then it drops to around 100psi.
Unfortunately I don't have access to compressed air to test.

I'm just not sure what should I expect, what kind of consistency out of 12g co2 system. And is it worth it to buy like wraith adaptor + storm regulator and just dump this mancraft crap

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was chronoing in my basement where's like 17°c-18°c
I looked at psi and the needle was at around 120psi where it should be untill about 10-15 last shots then it drops to around 100psi.
Unfortunately I don't have access to compressed air to test.

I'm just not sure what should I expect, what kind of consistency out of 12g co2 system. And is it worth it to buy like wraith adaptor + storm regulator and just dump this mancraft crap
My guess then would be a leak or something not aligned properly in the gun somewhere. If that's the psi that it is reading before every shot, then the air going into the gun should be ok.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am going to either have something confirmed or show my newness to airsoft.

On my UGS stock, I do not have a readout of the output pressure. Heck, up until the 13ci tank addition, I is when I got a fill gauge but no output reg.

My only reference was if I turn up the pressure to get more J, I run out of a co2 cannister faster than if I have it runing lower.

I am usually a fairly slow/steady shooter that does not spam the trigger trying to make a hit. The only time I hear weird noises (only on the 12g cannister to date) is if I am shooting to fast to where the the 12g cannister can't keep up?

BroHay

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
With my UGS I think I've had a leak from somewhere, but I just took the O-rings off of that fitting thing and replaced them with bigger ones.
You have to use grease with bigger ones though, or they'll tear or get rough.

Other than that, I replaced the shitty air line with some 1/4X1/8 urethane line that's a very very tight fit in the fittings, and provides an awesome seal even when bent 90°.
Remind me to include a piece.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts