Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so after a couple of years of using a spring BASR and an MTW (with a Reaper M) I'm about to build a VSR based HPA BASR for myself but I'm having troubles choosing which system to use. I've at least decided I don't want a system that needs electronics to function, so these two seems to be the only options.

I've read multiple threads about either system and watched countless of video reviews on both.
I've been trying my google-fu for a few weeks, browsing this forum, reddit and even facebook for some comparison between the two systems but I haven't been able to find a single comparison between them. It's only ever a review of one of them.
For both systems the pros and cons seems to be pretty much the same or at least fairly equal.

For anyone that has tried both, which system do you prefer and why?
Why does the Wolverine Bolt M cost about 100€ more than the Mancraft SDIK?

Help me make it make sense. Please and thank you!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Branding, not to mention the bolt-m is a "copy but change a little" thing.
Go for the Mancraft, they deserve support and they came up with the design long ago and has been improving it since.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I don’t mean any disrespect at all, but I’m going to be that guy. If you want to hpa a Vsr, just get the electronic bolt. You might not want to hear it, but if you are going to go hpa with a sniper rifle and you use a manual setup; you’re pretty much hooking up an air line to a spring sniper rifle.

I respect your decision so to keep it on topic I would choose the Bolt M if you need an answer between that and the mancraft!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with Blind sniper, I have a L96 with the SDIK and a VSR-10 with the Wolverine electronic bolt and hands down if you want a silent sniper go with the electronic bolt. The SDIK will give you amazing velocity but you can't use that in a game anyway and it sound just as loud as my spring sniper rifle. Only advantage to the spring rifle is easier cocking.
And I should mention that getting parts for the Wolverine versus the SDIK if you are in the US is weeks less waiting.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Having never owned an HPA sniper, I recently bought a Bolt M. I liked the mechanical aspect of both in that I can use normal triggers and retain good trigger feel. I also would prefer to just worry about an air line and not an additional battery. I liked the Bolt M over the SDIK because of the air line routing method with that little pin that replaces the spring guide stopper.

Now having said that, what I'm going for is a little different than I think most peoples use cases so I might not be the best gauge of usefulness. I'm also curious if the Bolt can actually maintain really stable fps outputs.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
in my opinion if you can deal with a line/air source, you can deal with the battery. You can use a TINY lipo for the eBolt. The only “issue” I can agree with is a place to put it. But over the years I’ve ran them in multiple locations. The stock is easy, when you have a standard vsr body. Maple leaf mock holder with a gutted Vsr mag works well. Mounting a piece of carbon fiber tube or some other material can fit the battery nicely. Not to mention you can shorten or lengthen the harness. When you charge up one of those it’s practically never dies, even if you leave it plugged in. Because the bolt has no fcu.

I agree to a point that the mechanical version is “simpler” but for me, it’s not simple enough to beat all the benefits of the electronic Bolt. Still though, all about what suits you best!

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
I have the MRS, but I think that the best option besides it would be a decent air compressor regulator and a lower output first stage reg.

The Redline SFR sucks monkey nuts, and I haven't heard too much good stuff about what Wolverine and Ninja/Valken have to offer.

As for the battery, if I could do it again I'd buy a cheap 7.4 lipo or lion that's at least 2,000 mAh, and then a battery connector that goes from whatever plug you buy to a red micro JST.
You can leave a 300 mAh battery in your gun, but that's risking $18 every time you do that, but with a really high capacity battery it'll be safe from overdraining for a really long time for maybe another $20.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the input, finally some actual comparisons between the two systems!

I already have an air-setup that works very well, at least with the MTW. An old Ninja LPR that seems to be (with the MTW at least) very stable in terms of output.

The main reason I don't want the electronic Bolt is because a mechanical system will have less points of failure and easier for me as a DIY-guy to fix. Also the added hassle of constantly needing to have a charged battery (regardless of its size) is something I don't want to deal with.
I also prefer the feel of a mechanical trigger over an electronic button. Even though I could probably figure out something to build or 3D-print to get a mechanical feel to it, which seems like a lot of work for something that's already in place in both the Mancraft and the Bolt M.

At the moment I'm leaning more towards the Mancraft SDIK, mostly because of price and that the Bolt M doesn't seem to have that much of an advantage or at least not 100€ worth of advantage.
My friend has a VSR-based rifle with the Mancraft and we managed to get that MUCH quieter than our already very quiet spring rifles just by adding the correct suppressor (we tried several until we found one that made it almost completely silent). He ran that rifle with the CO2 adapter though, but that shouldn't matter in terms of sound.

Getting replacement parts for either system would probably take the same amount of time, just that Mancraft is in Europe versus Wolverine being in USA.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Mancraft also allow more turning. You can adjust the output power by changing the spring to a weaker or stronger one, tuning the volume using spacers inside the chamber etc. It's a great bang for the buck.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
If you know what you're doing, the Mancraft may actually be as good of an option compared to the E BOLT now that WYZ mentions it, as that is all the adjustment on an F2 or Fusion Engine but done in a mechanical manner. The only things that the BOLT has over it is that it's probably the quietest and that you can shorten the bolt pull to 8mm with zero cocking effort required.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts