Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being the financially restricted college student I am, I decided to make the buttstock for my tabuk in my apartment. While the general shaping went smoothly, I've now realized issues with cutting the hollow portion in the stock, as well as the holes to connect with my RPK's stock tangs. I only have a large woodsaw, a hacksaw, files, sandpaper, and a dremel. I'd be willing to pick up another inexpensive hand tool if one was necessary, but due to classes starting again my funds are limited.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, sorry if I wasn't clear enough. My problem is that it is a living hell widening the main hollow with only a dremel/sandpaper/files. Hoping for advice on a tool that I could use to just cut the wood straight out. (My hacksaw is too small for the job)

·
Registered
268 Posts
You might be able to do it with the tools you have, if you don't mind that the stock consists of 2 pieces.

like this:

Then all you'd need to do is either glue the parts together or put 2 new screws in to hold the 2 pieces together.

·
Banned
215 Posts
Use a drill/dremel to just get a hole large enough for a coping saw's blade to fit through, string it through, start cutting, leave 1/4'' of wood between your cutting line and the blade for error, finish up with files and sandpaper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.