Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys sorry i am getting around to this so late but i guess better late than never.

Anyway i am Woogie....... and i have had to explain that to a lot of people so i figure i will explain the name right off the bat. I have paint balled for 12 years before i "found" airsoft. And while paintballing i would snipe, had my tippy all tricked out and was really good. So i decided to start making some ghillie suits, after i made my first one i loved it, and i keep making them. Well i was playing one day and one of the guys that i was playing with couldn't remember "Ghillie" so he said that we look like Chewie from Star Wars... So he just started calling myself, and buddies, woogie men... and the name stuck for me.

But as of right now i am writing from my room over here in mid Iraq. I am over here with the 817th Sappers, out of Jamestown ND. We are over here conduction route clearance missions, in other words i look for IED's... I love it and wouldn't change anything about it. I only have a couple of months left on my tour and i can't wait to get back. I was married a few months before i left for the Mob station. We were together for 5 years before we were married so i can't wait to get back and see her

I went to college down in Wahpeton for Automated Manufacturing. In other words.....working with robots. I know how to make them, design them, program them, and maintain them. Everything from HAAS CNC machines to PLC's.

I found out that my G&G M14 has just showed up at my house and all is ok with it. I am looking forward to getting home and taking part in operation overlord with the fmairsoft group.

Well that is what i have done with my life so far.. and now for me i guess.....

I love to draw and design things and make things with my hands. I enjoy tactics and doing things that i am always told that i can't do. When airsofting... i will most likely pick the team that is very outnumbered... i love a challenge and love winning. I will do anything outdoors and would stay out there if i could all the time ..

·
Registered
652 Posts
(I thought about whether or not to do this and that I will be necro posting, but I figured what the heck)
Since no one welcomed you to the forum I thought it would be appropriate to welcome you...
Welcome! We have cookies.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Actually, if i remember correctly, the reason he us called woogie is because his friend couldn't remember the word "ghillie". Though I could be thinking of something else.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
And like he said, his friend said, he reminded him of chewbacca , so he called him Woogie.. Chewbacca "Chewie" is a WOOKIE.. NOT a WOOGIE, so I said, his buddy must not have known Chewie, was a WOOKIE..

I understood the intro post, and all.. Just made a statement that his buddy was calling him WOOGIE, instead of the correct name.. Thats all..

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow this is a dead post from hell :D :p

Yeah I have made many ghillies over the years..... and you guys have it right. My buddy thought we looked like a wookie, though we were not cool enough to be wookies. So he thought a woogie was lower than a wookie, so he started calling us "woogie men". As my friends left the sport, I just became known as woogie man...... and then shortened to woogie.

It is funny at how many people know me as woogie, or hawke eye, and don't know my real name :p

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Crap, I posted without even reading his intro fully. One of the things I hate most. Never mind... Anyway, yeah, this post was forgotten 5 years ago lol.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Oh how my inner moderative little bitch wants to raise a hailstorm of Infractions due this SLIGHT necroing BUT I think I'll pass. A nice thoguht of you Patton! Just do it by the rules next time (aka quote the deda post into your own new thread and tell why you did it) and I'm all "boogie". ;)

And also: "Welcome" to ASF woogie matey! *salute* :D

EDIT:
P.S.
And I've been around longer than you by "that much". :D (as if it would have anything to do with anything)

·
Administrator
6,189 Posts
Ha ha .. Woogie man... No one welcomed you??? Poor guy!!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM BUDDY!!

You're much "older" from me here!! Ha ha...
Cheers mate

Wolf

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Nonsense! People are just so awed by your greater knowledge and insight in matters here and there that they just do not know what to reply in front of such expertise! ;) :)

EDIT:
Besides how could you unnotice the most active poster of the forum? :D

EDIT2:
Also just realized that you woogie and I, we're the oldest most active posters on the forum! Based on the post count of Top 30 (excluding Livonia since he's been absent for over a year).

Reactions: Wolfgeorge

·
Registered
652 Posts
Yeah, I knew I was necro posting and I did not think about making a thread and just using copy and paste. I will do that next time. But I have to agree with Wandall, it is pretty hard to NOT notice you!;)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Off topic but it's spelled WOOKIEE. Also welcome woogie, when I saw that it was in the new posts I knew it would be a necro, but the reason seems justifiable to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts