·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up for sale is my Tanaka M24.

All that is included in the package:

Tanaka M24 stock (Installed)
Tanaka M24 Outer Barrel (Installed)
Tanaka M700 Outer Barrel (Not installed)
Tanaka Long Magazine (29 rounds)
Tanaka short Magazine (11 rounds)
Tanaka M700 receiver (Installed)
Tanaka PCS bolt for M700 series (Installed
Tanaka OEM Hop-up chamber (Not installed)
Tanaka OEM Inner barrel (Not installed)
Tanaka OEM Striker spring (Not installed)
Tanaka OEM Mag parts (Installed in Long mag, one set not installed)
Tanaka OEM Cocking piece (Not installed)
Creation metal chamber block Pt. 91 (2) (One is installed)
G&G Striker spring (Installed)
G&G Mag parts (2) (Installed in short mag, one set not installed)
G&G Cocking Piece (Installed)
2roy VSR conversion chamber (Installed)
Laylax 6.03x555mm VSR barrel (Installed)
King Arms 14mm counterclockwise end cap (Installed)

Known problems:

A: Rear receiver mount threads are stripped. This is what holds the rear of the receiver to the rear of the magwell. This doesn

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, I feel it's time for an update. I recently got home from school and started working on the rifle. The spring detente has been fixed. I found the original detente ball, but not the spring. The spring is not perfect, and I'm sure a better one could be found, but it's what I have, and it works well enough to satisfy me. I also fixed the problem with the sears skipping. The Tanaka trigger mechanism allows for adjustment of the length of the trigger pull. However, this adjustment also adjusts the engagement height of the sears, the longer the pull the higher the engagement height. The trigger pull was set too short, causing the trigger sear to be too low to catch the bolt sear.

Now, some new pictures and a video:

The Tapping job on the hop-up:

The PCS:

The Barrels and Hop-ups:

Outer Barrels:

TWO (2!) Creation Pt.91's:

The Trigger Mech:

Video:

This can also be shortened into a Bump if you aren't inclined to look at the shiny pictures.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Due to some problems with the G&G cocking piece being out of spec and the stock cocking piece being worn down, I am going to have to withdraw this sale until I can find the funds for a Falcon upgrade kit.

·
Registered
536 Posts
What is your opinion on the G&G Cocking Piece compared to the Falcon upgrade kit? I am not sure whether to get one or the other..some people reported problems with the first one but others told they've gone with it for years and never had a problem.

Thanks!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't have the Falcon kit personally, as I saw some flaws in the design which could be easily fixed with a little machining and have decided to have the back half of the bolt machined. However, my experience with the G&G cocking piece has been frustrating to say the least. It is out of spec in such a way as to prevent the bolt handle to get enough leverage to rotate the bolt up.

·
Registered
536 Posts
mroverkill said:
I don't have the Falcon kit personally, as I saw some flaws in the design which could be easily fixed with a little machining and have decided to have the back half of the bolt machined. However, my experience with the G&G cocking piece has been frustrating to say the least. It is out of spec in such a way as to prevent the bolt handle to get enough leverage to rotate the bolt up.
Thanks for sharing your experience, I understand this might be a thread hijack but I have no intention to do such thing. However, mods, feel free to moderate this thread according to your personal point of view.

I've read a number of reports on the G&G Cocking Piece that are identical to yours. The only positive report comes from Friedrick at Fine-Arms.de who wrote he's been using that in a stock bolt for 4 years, no problem.

The Falcon upgrade kit is almost twice as expensive as the G&G counterpart..I am torn between the two as I have no way to test them..my stock cocking piece is completely broken in two so using it is not an option. I'll probably get the G&G power pack as it gives me the magazine upgrades that I am going to use to reinforce the mechanics around the long magazine, before going for the HPA rig..

At least I'll be able to file and extended report and finally set this thing down once and for all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.