Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have thought about selling my rifle due to low cash flow. I just don't want to get rid of it and lose out.

NEEDS SOLD ASAP!

So without further adieu, It began its life as a utg mk-96. I installed a PDI hop up(and shimmed it), blue madbul rubber, and a 6.01, 500mm madbull tight bore. It has a utg upgrade kit with a metal spring guide, heavy spring (shooting 418 fps with .4's) , and metal piston. I decided to try out the Airsoft GI custom heat treated piston sears and they are holding up just fine.

On top of after market parts, I did a plethora of DIY upgrades with Teflon tape, DIY barrel spacers, and foam. To decrease muzzle report, I installed a custom suppressor made from pvc pipe and foam (if this is a problem to say or have on this forum I am sorry and will take it down if needed). The inside of the rifle is also stuffed with foam to give it a better feel and make it less hollow. Last chrono test it was shooting 400-415 fps with a .4. Last time I shot it, I Laser range found a target at 200 ft. It was hitting a 1.5 X 1.5 ft target 50% of the time. So I will assume a man size target is doable at that range. Same target at 100ft was 10 for 10.

UTG MK-96 $150
UTG upgrade kit $50
PDI hop up chamber(shimmed) $70
madbull rubber $10
madbull tight bore $30
ASGI Heat treated Sear set $50
Custom suppressor $15
DIY mods - foam, Teflon - $10ish
Cool paint job - priceless

I dropped it down to $250. I could throw in madbul .4 bb's and/or the scope on top for a little more as well. If your interested and want to talk a different price then PM me. Worst I can do is say NO YOU BIG JERK.

Thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya. We could probably argue this topic until our faces are blue but i do not believe that going from a .2 to a .4 will decrease fps by 300. I would be making an educated guess at 550-600 with a .2. The upgrade kit could achieve that with good air seal. If I owned an airsoft chrono I would check. Sadly I do not nor know anyone who does.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Sorry, I exaggerated. An exact calculation would be ≈610-620 fps, not legal for many, if any fields. And sorry, I really, really doubt that would be from a pure UTG upgrade kit, rated at around 500-525 fps, according to shorty. A leap of ≈100 fps from "a good seal" doesn't seem plausible.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason I stated that number was 1. due to the readings on the chrono 2. Because a fellow sniper has the exact same set up and has a more expensive chrono and comes up with he same results. The Upgrade kit is far under rated IMO. I have heard many accounts of it achieving 600 fps with .2's. But I understand your skepticism and really wish I could come up with an exact answer. So for now I will leave it saying that there is the UTG upgrade kit in it, it has a great air seal, and is shooting, approximatively, very fast. :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Actually, I did a little more looking around, and yeah it does look like the upgrade kit can get around 575-600 fps. I did a little more poking around, and contrary to shortyusa, the upgrade kit does shoot pretty hot. So yeah, with a good seal and some teflon tape, I could see your gun getting 410-420 fps with .4g's.

However, I'm wondering if that spring has any quality, or will degrade fast...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is what I wonder as well. I'd be ok if it broke in and settled at 350 with .4's or i could drop down to a .36 then. Anyway, I'm glad I wasn't making a fool of myself thinking something that was entirely incorrect.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Also, you gotta watch out for your sears, even though it looks like you have. How is the trigger pull?

Also, that upgrade kit seems like a good deal for the pretty high quality (for $50) parts you get. Write a review? :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I gave the sears a shot and have had no problem at all with them. The sears and increased spring size made the trigger pull a bit tougher but I like it. It's an extra safety. It really makes you think about the shot your about to take.

The Upgrade kit is really nice if someone is looking to get the most bang for their buck out of their MK-96. Its not laylax or pdi but hey for $50 you get light wieght strong aluminum( i believe) parts that have worked for me so far. If you dont ever plan on dropping $800-$1000 into the 'perfect sniper' with all the high name parts, the upgrade kit will suit you just fine.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Well the only difference is that you have upgraded sears in yours, but I have a sunshade, store bought silencer and I'll be using a better rubber with my Pdi and madbull I ordered. Also I probably have more DIY mods done then you. I would hope to get at least 200 for it with all this in it, and an extra mag. If I were you though, I'd just keep it and replace anything that breaks in it. Overtime you'll have a top of the range gun, eg: triggerbox explodes: zero trigger, lose pin: raven cylinder, Crack body: new maruzen one.

You know what I mean? You'd have your gun forever doing this. Thats what I'm doing. :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That does make sense. I do have a decent bit of DIY mods that I thought were too simple to list. I just cant help wanting the G&G f2000. Its soooo sexy, but that is not the point of this thread :).

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thats what it seems like. I am not going to stop sniping. I may change over to more of a forward scout sniping position. Im thinking TM g-spec slung on my back. I also finally got my DMR working. Shooting 350fps with .'s. Dialed in the hop up on it and I was very impressed. It's an m16- spr mod0. I have an M130 in it and only use semi auto. Kind of want to throw in a m150 to see what I can do but I am a little afraid.

So no, me selling this rifle wont stop me from sniping. :) No worries.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.