Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was handling my buddies SRC SM8. It is a very nice rifle. He painted his OD green and uses it stock. It could be a potentially effective DMR. It is Very light, V3 compatible, and was designed with the long range shooter in mind.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever thought about this or maybe know anyone who has done it.

Like this:

The Main problem would be the scope, But some say the new models have a new mounting rail.

Then Drilling in a mount for a Harris. The Plastic kind of thin on the Hand guard. And trust me that is the only major flaw of the gun besides the stock.

The gun stock is effective to around 170 feet too.

·
Registered
807 Posts
1. G36 mech box
2. G36 Mags
3. Therefore, probably G36 hop up unit....

Why not get a G36k, that has rails, has scope mounts, has bipod mounting areas, has an aftermarket built up already, has product support... and isn't hideous IMO. Granted I might be a little bias, (my DMR is a G36c/k).

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It as a matter of fact does too have a G36 Hop unit. The reason for possibly trying this out is 1. It would be different. I can guarantee you only a select few people have s gun like this if any at all 2. I Held it and it was probably the lightest gun I have ever held, but then again I haven't ever held a G36 3.It looks like a fish!

·
Registered
807 Posts
I... guess...
whatever floats your boat. Not really my bag. If you do end up getting one and think you can handle the exterior mods feel free to PM me if you want to upgrade. I did a complete rebuild of my G36, so has Vindi, he helped me out on mine with a few things. So there is a pretty good base of knowledge around here with the internals. The one up side I can see is that its probably better balanced than the G36 if they put the battery in the stock. I tried to rear wire my G36 but it got really annoying.

·
Registered
506 Posts
bobgengeskahn said:
Not really... just decide if you want electric or gas
Personally I'm going more in the direction of gas these days, but there still isn't anything I'd buy on the market yet...
Even the P*? Need... to... save... money...!

But seriously, that thing looks sweet!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got $200 right now. My Birthday is soon too, so the decision is hard. I know the Ra-tech would be nice, and reliable but I don't think I can fork out that much money. I would still put in alot of money to the XM8 but I could upgrade it over time, If I bought the Ra-tech, it would be upfront purchase. I think just getting a WE M14 and putting some Ra upgrades into it would be the best of all three choices.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess that in my honest opinion, the XM8 would serve me best. Temperature doesn't affect FPS. No need for gas. Compatible with multiple Hop-up rubbers and Chambers, and an ease for spare or replacement parts. But having a Ra-tech would just be damn sexy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.