Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been having an issue with the zero trigger seer on my vsr10 not engaging all the time. I did not install the zero trigger, it came with the used gun.

Most times, it will engage, but occasionally, the bolt needs to be pulled back fully for about a half second before the seer engages. A few times, it has also not engaged at all and the spring will pull the bolt back into position.

tm vsr10 pro
laylax zero trigger
orange piston
m170
6.03 tightbore
firefly hard bucking

it's been well used before I even got it.

Are there any seers that will work with zero triggers, or do i gotta get a new zero trigger? or is this something simpler?

thanks

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
If its only intermitent try spraying some loob into the trigger group as it sounds like the sear might well be sticking or just be slow in returning to its ready position ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed the laylax 430mm 6.03 tightbore yesterday. (Note that this has been happening since before I did that, including occasionally with the M150 it came with, but has been happening way more with the M170 I did install.) I've been trying to do a barrel break-in but I can't break the barrel in if I can't lock the piston back...

Disassembled the gun....first tried lubing the zero trigger all over....did some barrel-break-in shots, but the seers were still not engaging all the time. I found was needing to pull up on the bolt handle so the front of the cylinder would push downward slightly, and this was causing the seer to engage.

Disassembled yet again (need a new set of 2 of the 3 main screws...bah!), took out the cylinder, cleaned out a lot of gunk, there doesn't LOOK like there's real wear on either the piston end or the piston seer, but I don't have a point of reference to a new one...

Right now, I'm only getting the piston locked back like....50% of the time.

I'll try to throw up some photos when I can - maybe they will provide some glaringly obvious problem to someone....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as I know, I have the laylax spring guide, but I am not 100% on that. I am the third (or beyond) owner, so I am not sure about all the internals, but they believed that's what the gun had in it when it was sold to me. Is there any way to tell, such as markings?

I'll mess with shimming the zero trigger and report back....

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.