Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So I just finished my ssg10 build and am already ancy to start another sniper build. I want to do a SRS but after reading this I'm almost torn. Really the only reason I'd go with SRS over tac 41 is that I just did a vsr style. Just seems a little redundent to buy a different brand that probably won't outgun my ssg without putting the same time and money into upgrades. Even then they'll probably be even. Right? Thoughts
The tac41 out of the box will probably outperform a well built ssg, and it has a lot more potencial with upgrades.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Compared to a VSR10 mag, they are way heavier. You can fit 3 x VSR10 mags in an M4 pouch. Also, for such a small mag, depending on the brand, you can have a capacity up to 55 rounds.

I did hear that Silverback have bought out a lighter model but still, the mags are massive and do not hold anywhere near as much as they should. A mag that size should hold about 100 rounds. And the mag change is awful. The owner of the SRS I tried ended up selling it with only gaming it once.
I guess it is personal preference but most people who I know that tried one, did not like it. It is a great concept and they did well with some things like the large cylinder capacity and the strong trigger system but they missed the mark because they tried to copy a real rifle. If only the made it airsoft specific.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
It would depend on who is judging (AEG fanboys or people who actually snipe) and what is being judged (Function or looks). Yes. It is the coolest looking rifle and the idea is good but it missed the mark on function.
I was really keen on getting one until I tried it.
So if someone is looking at purchasing, make sure you try one first.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
By the way, I am not against Silverback. I think this new rifle of theirs could be a real winner. Fingers crossed.
Also, I am pretty sure Silverback read these forums and that is why they made the Tac41 the way it is.
Hopefully they make another bullpup that is airsoft specific. Light, not bulky wide like most other airsoft bullpups, small high capacity mags, good cylinder volume, etc, etc

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nothing against you 1tonne but I felt you are overselling the "supremacy" of the VSR or standard layout rifles while massively exaggerating the shortcomings, if any or if relevant in the first place, of the SRS.

- While the steel SRS mags are heavy-ish they are far from being the end of the world (at some 300g at worst I think), the aluminum and polymer ones definitely are light enough to be a non-factor - unless you are finding M4 magazines somehow very difficult or heavy to lug around. And at 30 round capacity they are nowhere as shite as you're making out of it.

- I'd argue the size is a good thing - as much as I like the TAC41's concept the first thing I wished is the mags being longer, as actually having a mag be slotted into the magwell is difficult with the demonstration product, owning to how close the end ridge of the mag is to the magwell's edge - seriously for all the crap given to the AS01/02 the quick detach and magazine system design of the AS01/02 is the best I have seen for so long, it's one of the things I wished Silverback to actually consider and copy from Ares Amoeba. The big mag button (as ergonomically bad as it is in positioning - which is a problem with the generally less smooth SRSA2 but not a problem in the A1 as the mag just slides out when the button is pressed) and big mag makes it a lot easier to use with gloves and is a lot more forgiving, I can't see myself able to whip the mag in and out of the TAC41 if it's already a pain in the arse to reload properly even with bare hands.

- The SRSA2 is about 2.5kg which is actually a tad bit lighter than the supposed 2.65-2.8kg of the TAC41, and accounting for the better weight distribution it's easily the more agile gun around. Nothing beats the VSR in weight, but that then comes with the problem of being top heavy unless you run something really unorthodox like Marui's plastic scopes.

- Functionally this thing has the biggest cylinder only superseded by the absolutely stupidly large HTI, the best OOTB capability and much simpler cylinder assembly. I'm not sure why you are trying to portray people who think it's good either are going for looks (instead of, well, both) or are AEG fanboys (???) to begin with, or is that you think only people who go "VSR STRONK" are "proper" airsoft snipers to begin with.

Reactions: 1tonne

·
Registered
19 Posts
The tac41 out of the box will probably outperform a well built ssg, and it has a lot more potencial with upgrades.
What's the hopup unit like. Will it be interchangeable with SRS hopup or will we have to wait?
If I can use SRS parts on the tac I'll probably be getting that instead. As you said performance will be about the same between the tac and srs after upgrades.
And it's almost $250 less.

·
Registered
639 Posts
What's the hopup unit like. Will it be interchangeable with SRS hopup or will we have to wait?
If I can use SRS parts on the tac I'll probably be getting that instead. As you said performance will be about the same between the tac and srs after upgrades.
Hop up unit is an entirely different thing you cannot possibly mix and match between rifles (but you shouldn't need to anyway as long as the design is sane and not leaking).

The piston (after switching sears) is interexchangable as well as the barrel/bucking combo, I'm confident the bolt handle bulb should be compatible as well

·
Registered
19 Posts
So the hopup unit is ootb superior to say the action army chamber? What piston upgrade would you put in?
I'm asking alot because Im still more drawn to the SRS for it's style as well as the aftermarket upgrades and extensive time being used and fine tuned by many exceptional builders!
Do you think the tac has more potential than the SRS?

·
Registered
639 Posts
So the hopup unit is ootb superior to say the action army chamber? What piston upgrade would you put in?
From an ease of adjustment perspective, I think so. It's a lot easier to adjust hop from above than it is to stick a hex key from below it, but actual performance shouldn't be decisively different.

I'm asking alot because Im still more drawn to the SRS for it's style as well as the aftermarket upgrades and extensive time being used and fine tuned by many exceptional builders!
Do you think the tac has more potential than the SRS?
Really both rifles are pretty much the difference between "traditional" layout and the SRS bullpup layout.

The buckings are compatible, both uses AEG barrels, and the pistons only differ in sear design which can be inter-exchanged.
A more notable difference I would say is the TAC41 will be officially supported to use VSR buckings and barrels by installing a new aftermarket chamber + cylinder head Silverback is said to be releasing, but the AEG buckings have never been a problem in the SRS anyway (and it's easier to make R-hop for AEG barrels, if that's your jam).

Either way both rifles have pretty much the same parts in materials (steel with PVC coating for cylinder set, steel for sears, etc) and shouldn't have much if any integrity problems.

Reactions: 1tonne

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Nothing against you 1tonne but I felt you are overselling the "supremacy" of the VSR or standard layout rifles while massively exaggerating the shortcomings, if any or if relevant in the first place, of the SRS.
I may be overselling the VSR. It is old and it is longer than the SRS. The SRS does have great internals and they are better than most out there. But to me the short comings of the SRS were enough to stop me from purchasing one when I really wanted one. I have wanted a bull pup sniper for a very long time and I still want one. But, this one just was not comfortable enough for me to be able to say, "This will now be my main rifle as it is better than all the other designs out there".

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Just posted pictures and review of it a few comments back. Its not srs type but not need to be, its good.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Got my hands onto a copy of the rifle and I can probably chime in some preliminary reports about it.

- Cheek raiser doesn't sit too flush with the rifle and clearly needs some work; the rubber layer inside is a tad bit too big and needs a bit of force to fit it properly

- The fore end of the stock is well designed, exactly the way I wished it was on the AS02; it fits my weak hand extremely well while still retained M-LOK functionality on where it matters

- The spring guide stopper is not a screw on type to my disappointment but it seems working properly

- Sear engagement is smooth owning to the massive sear slope it has

- Trigger is really really "strong"; the spring that pushes the trigger back to default position is very hard and provides a lot of tension (unlike say Maple Leaf which has a clear sharp resistance towards disengagement, nor like most zero triggers which almost felt like there is nothing even when close to disengagement), hence while you can feel the trigger action is actually close to not having much resistance in itself you can feel the trigger is trying to push back against your finger

- Magazine isn't the metal version I had before but a polymer version; a bit of a hard slap is needed to properly engage the mag catch

- Mag is even shorter than the VSR version but a bit taller and wider, holds 48 BBs; your standard pistol mag holsters should fit right in like VSR mags

- Mag catch spring could really get used to a weaker version instead as current version is REALLY strong and makes reloading/unloading more difficult than it should be; Long mag is also necessary (which there are hints for one)

·
Administrator
6,160 Posts
Today I received mine
It's pretty light .. I expected it to be heavier ..
Silverback told me its 700gr heavier than the VSR.
It's very sturdy and feels solid in my hands.
Love the unique serial number mine is #56.

I couldn't test it but I'll do a test when I get back from my vacations

So far I love it.
Currently the second springer in my collection.. the first one is a very old Sun Project M40XB

Wolf

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Does anyone know if the VSR10 bolt handles will fit it? I like the G-Spec one more than these. The G-Spec would be more comfortable.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Does anyone know if the VSR10 bolt handles will fit it? I like the G-Spec one more than these. The G-Spec would be more comfortable.
Totally impossible, design is completely different
Though I'm betting SRS ones will fit or there will be upgrades; the stock one is also surprisingly comfortable to hold since it's massive

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Thought I'd mention that VSR buckings aren't that great in the SRS as the entrance hole is quite large and meant for the VSR and gas guns and with the SRS the nozzle is close to AEG diameter, making it better for AEG buckings.
VSR buckings in an SRS require lots of squash to make the hole diameter smaller, which will sometimes damage the bucking and isn't a good idea.
Probably best to use a 101% bucking and R-hop or just a standard Silverback bucking.

I haven't seen the nozzle on the TAC41 though, so maybe it's different from the SRS and not so awful with VSR buckings.
Still, a 6mm entrance and a 7.5 or whatever mm entrance is going to cause issues at some point if you try to make them work, so it would be better to stick with whatever style the gun comes with until more is known.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts