Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey,
About feeding issues, would it help that if you stuck something under loading ramp so you cant screw all the way? By doing that loading ramp may stay little bit more below and it may make easier for bbs to get into ramp. Idk now if it works, it just pop up in my head on the way home.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Reliku, awesome guide.

I'm building a full PDI TM AWS and i have 2 questions:

- PDI only have 13mm springs for L96 at 450fps. Do you know if any other will fit, to achieve 500-550fps?

- It's said that PDI cylinder for AWS is larger. So, is a G-spec barrel recommended in this case? Or it's better to get a little longer one?

Thx!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Reliku. I have brand new MB4402 with all AirsoftPRO parts but different piston and M160 spring. Now i`m waiting for maple leaf monster (diamond) 70 degree bucking along with a ML concave nub. But i don`t know how long barrel to buy 300 or 360 and 6.01 or 6.03.

The air seal was terrifying on stock parts out of the box. The massive air leak was on piston head. And one nub that hold BB in place was stuck as well the gun wont fire BB out of the barrel (air leak?)

But it`s a good gun for upgrade for only 79,92 € :tup: and i like it more then MB01.

After upgrade the gun is strong and i can hit a person 70m away with 0.30

We need only aftermarket cnc hop up chamber and a loading ramp :bow:

What is your fps and max range? Any new mods?

Kind regards
from Slovenia

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
For .3 bb's, 300 would be too short. Consider a maple leaf crazy jet as those are downright the best barrels you can get for the money. They don't come in 360 but that's still on the short side for .3 anyway so you might go with 430 mm, which is on the long side but as long as you don't go heavier than .3 it'll work. It'll give you a ratio of 2.3:1 (if I remember correctly) which is just right for .3 grams. Don't worry about diameter (ML CJ comes in 6.02 which works just fine).

My max range (with .4) was about 90 meters, but that's lobbing the shots in and nowhere near accurate. Effective range with .4 was about 75 meters max. I used it at 500 fps, by the way.

I've sold it since as it never got used, it's just an awfully impractical thing to work on and the performance is inferior to my VSR-R. But if you like the looks then it can be made to perform alright :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Some good news from Airsoft PRO

ETA of AWS piston head is aprox 1-2 weeks.
We are preparing AWS hop-up unit - date of sale is aprox jan-feb 2018

About BB`s, i will use heavier 0.46 ones in the future. The 0.30 are to light, but the original hop up wont lift any heavier so for now i`m stuck to 0.30.

About disassembly AWS or AWS clone is not so bad and yes it take little longer than L96 but in overall AWS is much better build and the barrel is rock solid.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Not too keen on ASP hop units. They are generally not the best. Their VSR and type 96 chambers are a bit of a let down. ASP should stick to what they are good at imho (making cylinders and triggers), or they should copy AA designs instead of PDI when making chambers.

I'd recommend a 303 mm barrel in your case. That's a ratio of 2.9:1 which will work with .4-.45, and won't give problems with .46 either. 370 is too long. Besides, the ML CJ doesn't come in 370 anyway (at least not with a VSR cut).

About disassembly AWS or AWS clone is not so bad and yes it take little longer than L96 but in overall AWS is much better build and the barrel is rock solid.
The build quality is not better. A type 96 is better than an L96 AWS, hands down. Even if it's just for the reliability, there's no comparison. The L96 is decent enough to be fielded but a type 96 is definitely better for performance. More accuracy potential, much more reliable. Not saying the L96 AWS is bad, it's just not as good as a type 96 :hehe:

Oh also, I'd go with a 60 degree bucking as they're more grippy and will provide you with better performance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How about fluted outer barrel. Will be there some problem with end cap and ML CJ barrel ? Can the m170 spring compensate cylinder volume with longer barrel?

Now i have M160 circa 530fps and can hit target 60m (4of5) away but original hop up gasket is bad with some air leak around nozzle (maybe missing compression ring at beginning) when testing compression with finger on barrel. Also BB turns little to the right. I`m thinking that .03 are to light.

In the end there is also CO2 drop in kit :D and then, there is no limit.

Feeding ramp is sometimes silky smooth and here and there BB got stuck on ramp. Then just pull the bolt back and tilt the rifle forward and you can hear BB got free. Then push bolt forward and fire.

The AP cylinder was the same dimension as original one so the white spacer for cylinder stays in receiver.

My AWS is pretty loud and you can hear little pop when shooting.

The most heated part on my MB01 was receiver because there was no spare part and hop up screw.

Sorry for my poor english :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi. I drilled end cap with 8.5mm but BB still got hit inside end cap. Maybe I must get better barrel spacer? But now i can hit head target 65m away. Max range with little over hop is 80m but i can still hit target but not always . I also noticed after testing that i forget to insert two springs and pins into hopup chamber. The feeding BB`s into barrel is now smother.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Drill it out to 10 mm and make sure you have good barrel spacers, at least two. You're covering 200 mm of distance inside the outer barrel before the end cap so that's quite a lot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I drilled 9,5mm and now i don`t have problems with BB hitting end cap. But I can`t find right barrel spacer for my MB4402 :(

I like that heavier BB`s now i using Madbull 0.43g and they are flaying further and more precise.

I`m still waiting for ML nub to arrive but right now I`m using DIY eraser nub.

Reliku what do you think about CM.702?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Make your own barrel spacers, that works well ;)

The Cyma 702 is an M24. I don't like M24's due to the rather specific parts and mags prone to jamming. A VSR based platform is a better choice ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have ordered 2 sizes of barrel spacers from airsoftpro.cz and they fit nicely in the outer barrel. I secured them in place by adding some ptfe tape on both sides of the spacer and they are still holding in place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys,
I have a Well MB4411 and want to upgrade too. However I am a bit struggling to find the definitive set for upgrading this rifle as there are different opinions. So to sum up the upgrades, can please someone make a simple list of parts with specific names and maybe links where to buy them?
For example:
- hop up = name/type/brand/link
- barrel = name/type/brand/link
etc...

Thank you very much for the help!
Vince

·
Registered
142 Posts
seems nice but i think the bucking is wrong. mayve a diamond 60° bucking?
Depends where he lives. Also Mr. Lucifer make an intro post please.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts