Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Awhile back I thought of asking for help on this... Then thought I would be a greedy man and keep all the glory(isn't that what its really about). Well I'm asking if anyone has heard of an oscilloscope. I believe with an oscilloscope we can learn the frequency of the sound a gun makes when fired. And then using small speakers emit a "opposite " frequency to "silence " the airsoft gun. Backed by Newtons first law an equal yet opposite reaction should stop the sound frequency from traveling. But I have no hope of getting near an oscilloscope as I live in the country...

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
714 Posts
Okay a variable huh, I'm good lol. The most noise is going to come from around the piston head followed by the barrel(I believe) So if we could silence these two it would be drastically better and almost true silence...
Also what is to say this invention is not a silencer? Its just a radical idea of a silencer.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Regardless of where the noise comes from my hypothesis stays the same. Also I do not feel the need for a new thread as this is a little different than sound proofing... This is a new type of silencer.

·
Registered
714 Posts
So just reading through all the posts has made me more confused, I was thinking about making a PVC FOAM suppressor for my Well VSR-10 (MB02), obviously this is not a real-steel gun, would it be legal in Colorado?
Well legality is gray... Airsoft is not not. If you WANT IT TO BE LEGAL you will have to get approved by the proper authorities. If not, do what you want assuming the risk any other lawbreaker takes when breaking the law... Bottom line. Its most likely not legal, I have heard If its not detachable it can be legal. So if you do do anything, make sure you don't stuff it with foam, and make sure it does not come off(detachable)...

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.