Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
You can own a foam filled suppressor. Its legal. Its illegal for a USA based company or distributor to sell to minor or private collector. The reason its legal is because the threading is such that its impossible to mount to any real firearm with the exception of an AK47(positive threading) The ATF would also have to prove with a commercial airsoft suppressor that the foam absorbs the expanding gas from the round as it leaves the barrel. This is impossible because airsoft suppressors dont have a baffle system. If you want to believe the "geniuses" at KWA over me; please contact your local BATF office and repeat the legality of airsoft suppressors back to them. Dont feel insulted if they laugh before hanging up on you.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Speeding is one thing, and everyone knows the laws about that. Where as silencers most LEO's don't know all of the laws about them, and many still think that they are illegal to own. Even if you have the paperwork, they can still legally sieze your suppressor ( now you will get it back though ).

So I wouldn't want to be one of the guys that finds out what happens, and I don't want any of you to be either. That and they really have no function on most rifles, though on ours they do. Make it apart of the rifle, like make the inner barrel shorter and use the rest of the outer barrel as the body.
Are there any court dockets, any proof of these convictions?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.