Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Speeding is one thing, and everyone knows the laws about that. Where as silencers most LEO's don't know all of the laws about them, and many still think that they are illegal to own. Even if you have the paperwork, they can still legally sieze your suppressor ( now you will get it back though ).

So I wouldn't want to be one of the guys that finds out what happens, and I don't want any of you to be either. That and they really have no function on most rifles, though on ours they do. Make it apart of the rifle, like make the inner barrel shorter and use the rest of the outer barrel as the body.
Are there any court dockets, any proof of these convictions?

·
Registered
57 Posts
So just reading through all the posts has made me more confused, I was thinking about making a PVC FOAM suppressor for my Well VSR-10 (MB02), obviously this is not a real-steel gun, would it be legal in Colorado?

·
Registered
714 Posts
So just reading through all the posts has made me more confused, I was thinking about making a PVC FOAM suppressor for my Well VSR-10 (MB02), obviously this is not a real-steel gun, would it be legal in Colorado?
Well legality is gray... Airsoft is not not. If you WANT IT TO BE LEGAL you will have to get approved by the proper authorities. If not, do what you want assuming the risk any other lawbreaker takes when breaking the law... Bottom line. Its most likely not legal, I have heard If its not detachable it can be legal. So if you do do anything, make sure you don't stuff it with foam, and make sure it does not come off(detachable)...

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up, and well airsoft guns are not legal in my district so... :bird: legality

...just joking lol.

Reactions: king..kranium

·
Registered
18 Posts
A bit of a necropost, but I'd just like to point out the immense stupidity of the law. The exact definition of a suppressor, according to the ATF, is a device that can attach to a firearm and reduce the noise level of a single shot by a minimum of 1 db. Pretty much anything from a plastic water bottle to a properly bundled blanket would achieve that definition if used with suitable ammunition.
I know it's kind of pointless to rant at the ATF on this forum, but can anyone honestly say a petition wouldn't be a good idea?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Just so no one is mislead, Samurai is correct.... but... that's always the killer. You have to purchase a $200 license and it takes about 3 months to get it approved. THEN and only then is the use of a suppressor legal.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
322 Posts
We are talking about the ATF, the same people who did this.

I agree that it is absolutely stupid that it illegal to make a suppressor for airsoft but the ATF does what it wants.

On the other hand if you still want to make a suppressor for your airsoft gun don't document it online for everyone to see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I figured out a really odd yet amazing silencer that actually works! Serriously!

I know there are tons of YouTube videos that claim that if you watch the video that you can make a silencer that actually works. And if course they never work. But one day I noticed something about my Blaser R93... I thoight, "Hey I bet if I put a nerf dart down the end of my barrel I could shoot it pretty far!" The exact opposite happened. The suction cup blew off, but then something spectacular happened... My gun was quieter. I immediately went into my back yard and shot it and it worked! I guess what I'm trying to say is if you want a small silencer that actually makes your gun quieter, shove a nerf dart down your muzzle break. Just don't force it. Then you break your gun. Believe me or not, cause what do I know! For all you know I'm just one of those other kids that says you can make a sender out of a pop can or whatever.

Hope this was helpful to anykne who bothered to read this!

·
Registered
121 Posts
http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/214339-Best-airsoft-silencer?

As for making your fake can a usable can for Airsoft just dont go bragging.

Like the atf approved gbbrs, just cause you can put a real upper on a Airsoft lower don't mean it's a good idea as it will disintegrate in your face.

That video of the guy that had his shipment taken is Imo a joke.

No they cant be converted, even the ino and vfc, no way it will survive past shot 1.

The atf is as smart as California Democrats.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.