Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

Registered
Just got my sba tac41 a few days ago.
I do not have time to run a full review at one phase so I will post in segments when I have time to look at different aspects of the rifle.
View attachment 19039
First thing first, this rifle is solid.
Feels just as it should, the barrel really free floats in the stock, the handling is smooth and everything works as supposed to.
Assembly and dissasembly is quite simple also.
View attachment 19040

Today it's the cylinder unit.
The piston bodies are compatible, just as the piston heads. As you see already installed the sear end on a VMP. For the removal I just used the nut included with the VMP and a screwdriver as a lever through the piston side hole. It also fits MouseFart piston head.

The good news is, since the cylinder head is full cncd so the brakes works even better than on the SRS. The 'bad' news is I had to install an other bumper O ring on the brake as you see (will be included in all MF order from now on). This required because the original piston head is 1mm longer, and with the MF the sear end slides 1mm further, so the sear can not engage the piston. With the extra O ring as a temporarly solution it works as intended. Already changed the design on MF1.4 to adapt this.

Regard muzzle energy and noise output you can expect about the same as in the SRS with similar setup. The sound is a little sharper and springy twang, but these are just the very first shots I took without optimaliseation. Racking of the bolt is very smooth already, got to get used to the old style bolt loading again 馃槄

The engagement of the sear is really effortless just as it should be, more on that on the trigger group segment.
So far happy!

Until next post feel free to post questions if you have any so I can take a look at those parts specially.

Registered
Hey all,
I've got a question regarding the tac. I put the hulk spring in and didn't care for it. But it was only shooting 2.09 joules with my vmp set at 86.6g and that spring setup, does that sound off. I'm going to check for air leaks and install rhop tomorrow, but any insight could help. Also. Put the stock spring back in with 4 washers and is reading identically on chrono. Why I suspect air leak!

Registered
Have updates on my testing. Took some time getting my springs in to try. But I have The tac set up to what I think is a very well rounded gun. And it destroys my ssg10.

For parts I just mimic what faceless describes in the first page with
m.s. air brake
70 rhop
101 seal
510 faceless barrel.
I replaced my spring with a rapax 3+
No preload washers.
My vmp is set to 54 grams, and I am shooting .46 Novi Boi bbs.
Hop is set at 5.5 (about)

Shots Very straight to about 65-70m and begins to arc
There's a little less than 3 fps deviation between shots.
Tested on chrono at 398-401fps/120-121 ms
At 3.29-3.3 Joule's.

I don't plan on messing with it anymore as I don't see much need for more power.
I'm having my Novi suppressor cncd to fit my shorty outer barrel so I can utilize my tridos stabilizers. Should all be complete by next Friday at the latest. Will post pictures of this beast then.
Lastly anyone considering a sniper should look at the tac. Stock for stock I would say it outperforms the ssg. And with the minor upgrades I've done on recommendations from other users it's phenomenal!
Hopefully others will start posting more about theirs. Pictures to would be cool!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Have updates on my testing. Took some time getting my springs in to try. But I have The tac set up to what I think is a very well rounded gun. And it destroys my ssg10.

For parts I just mimic what faceless describes in the first page with
m.s. air brake
70 rhop
101 seal
510 faceless barrel.
I replaced my spring with a rapax 3+
No preload washers.
My vmp is set to 54 grams, and I am shooting .46 Novi Boi bbs.
Hop is set at 5.5 (about)

Shots Very straight to about 65-70m and begins to arc
There's a little less than 3 fps deviation between shots.
Tested on chrono at 398-401fps/120-121 ms
At 3.29-3.3 Joule's.

I don't plan on messing with it anymore as I don't see much need for more power.
I'm having my Novi suppressor cncd to fit my shorty outer barrel so I can utilize my tridos stabilizers. Should all be complete by next Friday at the latest. Will post pictures of this beast then.
Lastly anyone considering a sniper should look at the tac. Stock for stock I would say it outperforms the ssg. And with the minor upgrades I've done on recommendations from other users it's phenomenal!
Hopefully others will start posting more about theirs. Pictures to would be cool!
Sounds good! I think it will take a half year until it will be generally known and people finish their builds.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts